TiAL water cooled wastegates

Boostfed

Reaction score

Lol, I'm tryin buddy, I'm tryin! If i had to do another one, it would probably take a day to plumb and do all the fittings since I know how it all works now! Its surely been a waiting game seeing as how parts and me ordering stuff that i thought would work and didn't have been holding us up for over a week now on and off. :lame: If everything comes in, I'll do my damndest to stay later and get it together to set it down tomorow! I might even get you a picture or two....

Last edited:

Boostfed

Reaction score
Finally got the last fitting for shones truck this morning and got it all together. I've got some clearancing to do on the heater pipe that runs across the firewall but otherwise its all good I believe. I'll put some better pics up tonight after I upload them from my camera.

229732_10150336225691438_504966437_9984729_4641144_n.jpg

Boostfed

Reaction score
I did all stainless steel in and out, the red and blue fitting is return. The black 90* on the bottum is the feed. It is also braided -4AN. I'm not a fan of rubber hose and clamps, especially with the heat these things will see in the back. I've got more pics I'll load shortly.

Boostfed

Reaction score
Few pics of everything from shones-

camera053.jpg

camera054.jpg

Got it to clear, but barely.
camera057.jpg

Here is the banjo fitting i built for the top water line-

camera042.jpg

I used a 10mm banjo fitting from brakequip designed to be braized to any type of hardline you may be using. I then welded a -4AN weld on bung to the Banjo. Since the banjo was 10 mm and the gates threads are 1/16npt(Very similar to 8x1.0), I welded an 8mm washer on each side of the banjo. I've yet to put pressure on the cooling system, I surely hope it holds.

I also spoke with a Tial Rep today about the issue we're having with the extremely tight fit. I was told that they will be working on a 90* fitting measuring about 1/2" tall for this ASAP

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I also spoke with a Tial Rep today about the issue we're having with the extremely tight fit. I was told that they will be working on a 90* fitting measuring about 1/2" tall for this ASAP

That is good to know. Keep us informed if they get this done in the next few weeks. I would like to get it if possible.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.