ticking, thumping, knocking?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
OP, take the valve covers off and see.. Should be plan as day.

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
so if an intake valve is not stuck open then why is it coming thru the intake? Im confused. Cause if an exhaust valve was stuck, wouldnt it just push the fuel air mix out the exhaust?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Combusted gas can't exit cylinder through exhaust valves since rocker is off... It exits when intake opens

78f100

Reaction score
cts is right I said that wrong. Either way pull the vc and like he said if any rocker is off or broke there is your problem. I bought one a few years ago the people swore it was a rod knocking. It was just a broke rocker. It sounded like a monkey was under the hood with a hammer.

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
We took it to my work were there are people who know what their doing. I think. Theyre the ones who replaced the injectors before so idk... But hopefully theyll let me do some actual work on it and learn a bit from it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Well on this one I just got the pushrod out, it's fine, but I looked at lifter travel and it had about 3/4 of an inch travel. Unfortunately I'm condemning this engine... Too bad, like I said last year I just did upper valve train and resealed the bed plate for them... Wow, hope you find out better

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Ok so it has broken a rocker, bent some push rods, broke a lifter and the lifter probably has damaged the crank he said. So They are thinking new engine or rebuild? Short block, long block, used engine, or Jasper? dad is also considering the possibility of a cummins swap, but i highly doubt that.

webb06

Reaction score
Ok so it has broken a rocker, bent some push rods, broke a lifter and the lifter probably has damaged the crank he said. So They are thinking new engine or rebuild? Short block, long block, used engine, or Jasper? dad is also considering the possibility of a cummins swap, but i highly doubt that.

Damaged the cam....not the crank. Would be my guess anyway.

Depending on mileage you might consider just throwing a cam in it and replacing the lifters and go with it.

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
He told me what it was three days ago cant remember what he ghought might have gotten damaged. Its got 120k miles on it, and everything else on it is great, just the engine thats screwed up

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
IIRC ford is the only one to offer a complete running engine. At that mileage I wouldnt bother rebuilding unless you were also throwing in a new fuel system...

Members online

No members online now.