Time for a new rig..... 2014 or 2015

truckmaniac

Reaction score
The funny thing is all the claims for these supposed bottom end upgrades.

Funny.. I cross referenced every part with the ones in my 13 truck.. both long blocks apart side by side.. suprisingly most had the same part number.. including the rods. Inflated hype

I read it on the Internet and saw it on a Ford video, so it has to be true!

I was just trying to help the OP with his decision and why I went with the 2015 and why my brother-in-law close the 2015 over the 2014.

There are lots of "common folk" who can finance a new truck, but may not have the cash lying around for a turbo upgrade or for a new high pressure fuel pump when Ford denies their claim due to bad fuel and/or poor maintenance. At least the 2015 addresses these 2011-2014 issues, unless that's also hype.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I just got my PCM board to test the LML & 6.7 Piezo injectors. I'll let you know how the early and late ones vary against each other :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morepower02

Reaction score
I would take the word of the guys that have done hands on work with 14-15 models over a sales propaganda article any day.

Farmall

Reaction score
First off, I call BS on the $17K discount on a 2014 Platinum, unless it had a lot of dealer installed accessories or services (lift kit, wheels, nitrogen, "lifetime engine warranty", clear coat protection, undercoating, etc.).

Farnsie, don't expect that kind of a discount on a "stock" truck.

The styling may not have changed, but there are significant improvements in the drivetrain. Check out this article:

http://www.internationalpowerstroke.com/2015-powerstroke.html

Every know issue with the 2011-2014 Powerstroke has been addressed in the 2015 changes. The turbo has been a weak point since 2011. This is easily remedied by purchasing an aftermarket kit that utilizes the same turbo as the 2015. The kit and installation will run you $4,500.00 or more.

I bought a 2015 King Ranch last week (2014 never came into play on my deal). Yesterday, I helped my brother-in-law purchase one as well. After working-over a 1/2 dozen different dealers, he bought a 2015
for $3,800.00 more that a comparably equipped 2014. Both of our trucks have the new and vastly improved King Ranch leather interior. Yea, That's a Styling Change!

So let's recap:

The cost difference between a 2014 and 2015 is about the same as a turbo upgrade, if you shop HARD.

The 2015 has many more engine improvements than just the turbo, not to mention 40 more HP and 60 more TQ.

The 2014 will take a more sizable depreciation "hit" once you drive it off the lot.

If you go with a King Ranch, you get much nicer leather.

Why would I lie about what I paid for my truck? 67k sticker, with rebates, incentives etc, I was at 50k. No dealer installed lift kits, wheels, etc. The rebates and incentives are the exact reason why I went with the '14 rather than 15'. Throw in the fact that they are offering decent deals as far as financing on the 14's, and you have my answer. (assuming OP is financing)

Last edited:

farnsie

Reaction score
Thanks for all the impute going next weekend to check some out. Hoepfully they have some 15' so I can compare them. Just want to be able to delete the emissions will that be coming for the '15s?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Why would I lie about what I paid for my truck? 67k sticker, with rebates, incentives etc, I was at 50k. No dealer installed lift kits, wheels, etc. The rebates and incentives are the exact reason why I went with the '14 rather than 15'. Throw in the fact that they are offering decent deals as far as financing on the 14's, and you have my answer. (assuming OP is financing)

I assume you got a king ranch dually ?

Kind

Reaction score
I'd say if you're buying it based on deal get a '14... If you're buying based on a better design get a '15. They made nice evolutionary improvements on the '15 engine.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Because some people have the money to buy new and want to be the first person to own it. Ill never buy another truck used unless it's a toy.
Each to their own. I have owned my share of new and used trucks. Usually a buy truck every 12-18months. I have found good deals on used, driven it for a year and sold it for the same price I paid for it. Tough to be free no matter how much money you have.

92f350cc

Reaction score
Where do used trucks come from?

I'll never complain about somebody buying new trucks every year. Somebody's gotta break em in for the rest of us.

Latest posts

Members online