Time for a new rig..... 2014 or 2015

AllanB

Reaction score
Because some people have the money to buy new and want to be the first person to own it. Ill never buy another truck used unless it's a toy.

:whs:
I just bought a 15 Lariat for this very reason. The only 14 they had left on the lot was a black Platinum that was a dealer's truck with 10k miles on it. I bought the 15 Lariat for $53,xxx loaded out sunroof and all. I like the Platinum but it was only about $2000 less than the 15 model Lariat, actually not quite $2000. In the end I opted for the 15 for the same reason as said above. It was a brand new truck. Had they made the deal a little sweeter on the Platinum I probably would have gone that direction. But for me, even if it is a Platinum, $2000 difference was not justifiable in buying a year old truck with 10k miles on it. I guess when we trade these trucks off, the difference on the trade in prices will also tell the tale. Either way, both were much nicer rides than I have ever owned, and would be proud to roll in either one.

RedRice589

Reaction score
:gethim:
:whs:
I just bought a 15 Lariat for this very reason. The only 14 they had left on the lot was a black Platinum that was a dealer's truck with 10k miles on it. I bought the 15 Lariat for $53,xxx loaded out sunroof and all. I like the Platinum but it was only about $2000 less than the 15 model Lariat, actually not quite $2000. In the end I opted for the 15 for the same reason as said above. It was a brand new truck. Had they made the deal a little sweeter on the Platinum I probably would have gone that direction. But for me, even if it is a Platinum, $2000 difference was not justifiable in buying a year old truck with 10k miles on it. I guess when we trade these trucks off, the difference on the trade in prices will also tell the tale. Either way, both were much nicer rides than I have ever owned, and would be proud to roll in either one.

I'll never understand they want 10k more for a lariat from a xlt, and at least another 10k for a platinum or king ranch. Just ridiculous to me. I found a lariat 4x4 for 50k 2015. Debated driving and buying it.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Where do used trucks come from?

I'll never complain about somebody buying new trucks every year. Somebody's gotta break em in for the rest of us.

:whs: I still haven't gotten to that special place where I want to afford a new truck. Bought the last 2 used cash-in-hand. Haven't had a truck payment in 13 years... so many toys and projects to afford instead!

Jesse_01

Reaction score
:whs: I still haven't gotten to that special place where I want to afford a new truck. Bought the last 2 used cash-in-hand. Haven't had a truck payment in 13 years... so many toys and projects to afford instead!
Yes, imo that makes a lot more sense money wise. Unless you have a company and really need a write off. Mind you, you can still write off a used vehicle.

I like having the no payments and knowing that I got work because I want not that I have to so I can make payments.

farnsie

Reaction score
So finally got out for a test drive on a '15 KR. Wow the new leather inside was amazing. The test drive was great but a 12mpg average was brutal!