Timkin Unit Bearing...

hucorey

Reaction score
You must have some bad luck. I ran some chinese e bay bearings on my 99
F250 for 5 years. Truck was a plow truck and i had a 1200# plow on it. Bearings were tight as could be after 70k. Same thing with the 4 for $100 ball joints.

I think your the one thats lucky. Most dont last more than a year.

bbbxcursion

Reaction score
I've only had to replace 1 hub bearing in the 10+ years I've owned my truck and that was 8 years ago. I used whatever napa had.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
I'm telling you that the key is good knuckle seals. If your knuckle seals are compromised in the least way, you'll trash bearings.

I know I never realized mine were because I had manual hubs and had no vacuum system to leak. I figured as long as my hubs locked in I was good. In reality in proper seal setting/ damage was allowing a small amount of weather to get in from the backside. I killed so many part store bearings it isn't even funny. That was plowing too btw

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I think your the one thats lucky. Most dont last more than a year.

Dont know. The front axle in my F350 had 100k on it running 16x12 wheels with 41's. Installed the Moog ball joints and Napa Hub bearing on it along with the napa axle joints. They are still in use today on my Ex and they have another 30k since i built it. I have a dozen trucks i did the same setup on running around here that have had zero issues with ball joints and unit bearings. One Ex just turned 200k since i did the work and they are still tight as the day they were installed.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dont know. The front axle in my F350 had 100k on it running 16x12 wheels with 41's. Installed the Moog ball joints and Napa Hub bearing on it along with the napa axle joints. They are still in use today on my Ex and they have another 30k since i built it. I have a dozen trucks i did the same setup on running around here that have had zero issues with ball joints and unit bearings. One Ex just turned 200k since i did the work and they are still tight as the day they were installed.

Napa used to be timken bearings and that was back when moog still made a good joint. I think the problem most people have is going off of factory recommended tq specs for bearings, ball joints, and steering links... if they fallow that then it would last longer.

live life full throttle

ford rules

Reaction score
Ive started to torque front end parts, had a problem on our old 7.3 after we did ball joints, the wheel wouldnt return to center. We loosened the balljoints up poped them loose out of the taper and torqued them to spec and the issue went away. After that i torue my stuff.

Latest posts

Members online