Tire Opinions

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
I'm getting close to needing new tires. Currently running 37x13.5x17 Toyo MTs. They've been great tires, but wondering what other options are out there with personal reviews. The 17" wheel is hurting my options, but I just can't justify new wheels, at this point.

I'd prefer not to go smaller, but I know I have the room to run 38s, as an option (Wrangler MTs??). I have an 8" lift, hence the reason for not wanting to go smaller.

I may just end up with Toyo's again, but I'd consider other brands depending on cost and opinions. Also, open to ATs....I'm not stuck on MTs. It's pretty much a "highway princess".

At some point, I may lower it and run 35s, but that's a year or so down the road.

TIA

STROKER

Reaction score
I don't know if they make em that big but mickey baja claws are sick looking tire

STROKER

Reaction score
I guess its all how you drive I got 30 on my baja atzs and their about toast haha

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
I have heard good things about the MTs, but haven't found may options in 37x17. RIMZONEOnline.com has MTZ in a 37x12.5.17, but they ain't cheap! :shocked:

Wright337

Reaction score
I've had 37x13.50x17 nitto mud grapplers on mine as well as toyo mt and if you don't mind the noise the nittos look better and lasted just as long

Dzchey21

Reaction score
toyo mt's are great tires
only tire i would replace them with is a micky thompson ATZ

I liked my terra grapplers but they arent very agressive looking

Spatel23

Reaction score
I agree,

Toyo MTs are great tires, my experience was only on road so I cant comment for the offroad ability. I would buy them again without a doubt if that was the look I was after.

I now run the Terra Grapplers and if you dont want a really agressive tire they are the ticket for sure.

moose99psd

Reaction score
im prolly gonna get around 55-60k outa my mt's and they wont be bald.. i just dont trust another Central Oregon winter with them.. they will get a new set of toyos in oct. my vote is another set of toyos

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'm getting close to needing new tires. Currently running 37x13.5x17 Toyo MTs. They've been great tires, but wondering what other options are out there with personal reviews. The 17" wheel is hurting my options, but I just can't justify new wheels, at this point.

I'd prefer not to go smaller, but I know I have the room to run 38s, as an option (Wrangler MTs??). I have an 8" lift, hence the reason for not wanting to go smaller.

I may just end up with Toyo's again, but I'd consider other brands depending on cost and opinions. Also, open to ATs....I'm not stuck on MTs. It's pretty much a "highway princess".

At some point, I may lower it and run 35s, but that's a year or so down the road.

TIA

8" of lift and you think you cant fit 38's??? What year truck?

Cant beat the Toyo MT's... Period.

chromehound

Reaction score
I ran a set of 305/16 Cepek FC II and they were a great all around tire, except at low speeds in NE clay. They are pricey but last a good long time and you can get them in 17" rim 35s and 37s.

sickslow

Reaction score
I really like the look of nitto trail grapplers. I just ordered a set and they are reasonably priced. I have a friend that has had 2 sets and they both lasted around 35k

Latest posts

Members online