Tire Places Won't Mount 420??

jngreen

Reaction score
Discount Tire here local to me wouldn't put my winter wheels on my old truck because they were load range "D" 315/75 R16 BFG all terrains. The tires were all ready mounted to the rims, I just wanted them balanced and put on the truck. They said they would balance them for me, but wouldn't put the wheels and tires on.

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
It all depends on the manager of the store....TRUST ME. i work at a discount tire store.

What is the load range on the tire? If they are D's or E's then they are bs'ing you. those load ranges would be perfectly fine to use for towing and hauling. If they are less then D's then we legally can not mount those tires/wheels.

it's not like those are big tires or anything either. i mean, there not small, but not huge.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I got the same thing from 4 wheel off road, discount tire, and a couple of other national retailers. Ended up going to some hole in the wall and getting them installed..... cheaper.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I used to work at a tire store and I have seen the amount of sue happy people increase when it comes to tire safety issues. I can understand why a lot of places are not doing all of the crazy custom stretches on full size trucks, there are too many guys out there that go load down there truck then have a blow out and sue.

Sadly signing a waiver does not do much now days since lawyers have been getting better about getting around them.

Taking the wheels themselves to the shop is the way to go

Mdub707

Reaction score
My buddy once brought his Ford ranger to Wal-Mart to get his new tires mounted. The tires coming off of the truck were 265/75/15's. He was bringing 31x10.5x15's to get mounted. They wouldn't mount them because they were a different size and could only mount the original size on. He then spent the next 20 minutes explaining how they're basically the same size through conversion. Did the math and showed them they equate to a 30.6x10.43x15... they still weren't having any of it. The best part is, he was waiting for close to 2 hours already until they called him in to tell him that.

Latest posts

Members online