Tire Places Won't Mount 420??

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I've had 2 different tire shops say they won't put 305 50 20 Nitto 420's on my truck because its outside the load range of the tire. I've seen SEVERAL trucks that are a lot bigger than my shorty with them on. I found a place that will do it but have any of ya'll had this issue?

PsRumors

Reaction score
I've seen this in some shops around Atlanta. They are concerned with liabilty. There are still plenty that will do it but they are getting to be fewer.

Charles

Reaction score
The Nitto spec says they are good for 3086 lbs at 50psi.

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
I did mine my self. There lt tires tell them you'll sign a waiver or somthing

BF65-D39AF1AB1C04-703-000000D51F9058F3_zpscd48c342.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Never had a problem with them on my old truck. The tires didnt look too happy on the rear axle when I had 7500lbs on a bumper pull trailer behind me but still towed fine.

The tire shop I had put them on never said one thing either

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Discount tire did mine , no questions asked

that's who said no the first time. I called around to another one and they guy started in on the load rating stuff so i said if you're not going to do it for me, i'll go next door to NTB so he changed his mind. they'll be here tomorrow...

JMart

Reaction score
I just took the wheels into discount when I had the proxes put on. They tried to give me crap until I explained it was built to hotrod not tow. Then they were fine with it.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Its a liability issue for a lot of them. If you get anywhere outside the realm of normal then its a no go. I had issues getting a set of snow tires installed on the back of an S10 once just because they were a size bigger than what was on the front... and it was a 2wd..... some people and their silly ideas of what they are liable for. BUT - if they don't at least question it sometimes then just imagine what some people would have them install and then try to sue over when something happens.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Discount tire did my 22s acouple years ago...guess times have changed

I was having those tiring mounting liability issues on that S10 back in 2000... it all depends on who you get and where you go and what kind of issues they have had.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
it depends on the manager really, but the concern is liability.... I had to get a tire replaced on my Jeep in a hurry last year and NTB didn't want to do it because it was bigger than OEM. Other places won't mount used tires. It just depends who you talk to and how you approach it.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Local place mounted mine back when I had them on 9" wide wheels on my dodge. They wouldn't mount them on the 12 wides though for me or a few of my buddies... ended up doing them ourselves anyways

Karls03

Reaction score
I've had 2 different tire shops say they won't put 305 50 20 Nitto 420's on my truck because its outside the load range of the tire. I've seen SEVERAL trucks that are a lot bigger than my shorty with them on. I found a place that will do it but have any of ya'll had this issue?

The Nitto spec says they are good for 3086 lbs at 50psi.

What EXACTLY were they wanking about? The BFGs on my truck are D rated for 3195 and Discount mounted them like it was cool. That's ONLY an additional 109 lbs over what those Nittos are rated.

Maybe it's because I had a go around with the IDIOTS at Discount in Las Vegas that I don't care too much for their thinking abilities, or shall I say lack thereof. They tried to put my tires back on after a rebalance with ROCKS IN THE TREAD. Then they completely ignored my request not to play with the tire psi. The lead monkey tried the, "That's what the computer says" BS when I called him out about the psi. "Did the computer tell you to balance my tires with rocks in the tread, too?"

But then again, the Discount monkeys in Scottsdale, AZ tried to throw my 365/65 Toyos on the trash truck when I told them to put them into the back of my big red truck when I bought the 315s. :fustrate:

I worked in a tire store, and I'm telling you, you have to watch these guys LIKE A HAWK!

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
mike got super lucky. mounting 420s on a CC/SB. AND on 12's stretched.

how are the guys that are into the stretched look getting places to mount tires??

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
mike got super lucky. mounting 420s on a CC/SB. AND on 12's stretched.

how are the guys that are into the stretched look getting places to mount tires??

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Tire places aren't really having it... None of the local places to me will do it. IDK how Mike got someone to mount his... Ended up doing mine and my buddies at a friend of ours shop. Took 2 cheetahs to get the bead to seat

Latest posts

Members online