Tires...

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Went down there.

They dont have a strap to compress them, and they say the tires are too cold.

Told them to keep them over night and try in the morning.

This Les Schwabs sucks, I think the only thing they work on is BMW and Toyotas...

Fuggin Les Schwabs... cant trust them... :D

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Fuggin Les Schwabs... cant trust them... :D

I thought of you while I was shaking my head at them.

I think the hop is one of the wheels, it had some damaged holes from someone running it loose. I cleaned up the holes a bit but I wonder if its causing the wheel not to center properly.

Need to find out what one it is (cleaned it too well, cant tell now!) and maybe move it to the back if its up front...

FORD7.3

Reaction score

I think the hop is one of the wheels, it had some damaged holes from someone running it loose. I cleaned up the holes a bit but I wonder if its causing the wheel not to center properly.

Need to find out what one it is (cleaned it too well, cant tell now!) and maybe move it to the back if its up front...

Where do you feel the shake.. in the floor or in the steering wheel? does it pull at all? just quick things to check before swapping them around.

TyCorr

Reaction score

It might be the tires Joe. A D rated tire might be a little spongey compared to the 10ply toyo mt. That is if your wheel theory doesn't check out. Either sounds plausible. That and maybe the balancing wasn't the best either.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its over the whole truck. Its not violent or anything, but it would get old over 12 hours for sure!

I've got another set of wheels I can go to if I have to, but I dont like the style as much and they have 1/4" more offset.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Picked up the other set of SD wheels. Now I have three sets of 16.5 SD wheels!

Think I have figured out the hop, looks to be the drivers side rear tire. When I angle the mirror down and watch it, there appears to be a wiggle in the tire that matches the hop felt in the cab. I am guessing a molding error or a broken belt.

I have emailed the seller to see if he will send me a new one or not. I also have found another supplier of these if anyone is interested...

http://www.100dollarman.com/tires.html

He was on Pirate but a google search is how I found him...

Otherwise the tires did great going over the pass this weekend. It was slick as hell on Friday and I only broke loose once at the very top. Keep in mind I still do not have a functioning 4x4 so.

Last edited:

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Picked up the other set of SD wheels. Now I have three sets of 16.5 SD wheels!

Think I have figured out the hop, looks to be the drivers side rear tire. When I angle the mirror down and watch it, there appears to be a wiggle in the tire that matches the hop felt in the cab. I am guessing a molding error or a broken belt.

I have emailed the seller to see if he will send me a new one or not. I also have found another supplier of these if anyone is interested...

http://www.100dollarman.com/tires.html

He was on Pirate but a google search is how I found him...

Otherwise the tires did great going over the pass this weekend. It was slick as hell on Friday and I only broke loose once at the very top. Keep in mind I still do not have a functioning 4x4 so.

Thats gotta be a pretty damn good wobble to visually see it lol see if the local schwabby can spin the tire on the wheel 180* to see if that helps and see if they will dis mount that tire and re mount it on another to make sure that its the tire and not a bent hub on the wheel.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'm 99% sure its not the wheel, you can watch it in the mirror, the wheel runs true, but the rim will disapear and back as you drive. Its also not the wheel I repair, that one is on the passanger side rear.

Might be worth it to spin it 180*, might go down there tomorrow and see if they will.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
I'm 99% sure its not the wheel, you can watch it in the mirror, the wheel runs true, but the rim will disapear and back as you drive. Its also not the wheel I repair, that one is on the passanger side rear.

Might be worth it to spin it 180*, might go down there tomorrow and see if they will.

Yeah try spinning it 180* and also mount it on the new wheel and have them spin it on the balancer to see if its still just as bad

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well one of the tires is bad...

Max allowable road force is 40#, the one with the hop has over 105#. You can see it on the spin balancer.

Now we see if the seller will do anything. He has been responsive thus far, but nothing on the videos I sent to him yesterday.

nasty6.6

Reaction score
no trying to steal your thread but here is a set mounted on 12 wides! they ride great for me and for 400 you cant beat it...

Attachments

• 20121125_175600.jpg
    20121125_175600.jpg
    753.6 KB · Views: 122

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
I need to take mine in & get em re-balanced, they get a steering wheel jarring shake around 40mph but smooth out after you get up to 55+. Cruising down the highway at 60-70mph they don't run that bad.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
UPDATE...

He is shipping me another tire. Just got the tracking but its not showing up. I would guess late next week.

Glad he did that.

Latest posts

Members online