To CCV mod or not to CCV mod, that is the question

psduser1

Reaction score
About half that for me.... And what's the difference in that and tuning/dee-leting? Tunes are fine but not a CCV?
You got a 6.7 for 35k? Hook a brother up! I was working from a "new" price.
I'm not trying to beat you guys up, just my own opinion. Dropping that kind of coin on a new truck, I'd expect to not have to do some of the mods needed on the older platforms.
I imagine that once the resale price comes back down out of orbit, I'll find out, lol.:toast:

Kxc

Reaction score
I'll do some testing soon and post the results. With and without Venturi. I don't have the factory separator anymore so I won't have those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
An advanced course in physics would tell you to immediately quit referring to it as a true ventura system.

Although you get some vacuum!! It's not a ventura. Lol...

I had too. Sorry Mikey!

I don't see anything wrong with having a catch can system. It's a man's personall preference. If a man wants one then he does. If not then enjoy.

where did i say any of that ?

95cobby

Reaction score
I did a CCV reroute, no smoke no smell why would you not do it? You say it "adds" Pressure to the crank case? How that's not even possible without blocking it off.

I didn't say it "adds" pressure. The guy in the video raging about high rpm did and that was my whole point of this thread. Smoke and smell are the least of my concerns. All I'm trying to figure out is if venting to atmo or using the Venturi reliefs enough of the crankcase pressure at the higher rpm's.

I know it creates some vacuum when tied into the exhaust at idle but I would think at higher Rpms when driving the exhaust gases may force back into the CCV instead of the crankcase gases being sucked out the exhaust? Ive read too many conflicting ideas about rerouting the CCV so that's why mine is back to stock

Good point and I have no idea how to test that. Maybe someone has some test data?

I'll do some testing soon and post the results. With and without Venturi. I don't have the factory separator anymore so I won't have those numbers.

Awesome man, looking forward to the results.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I like Mikey.

Might not always agree with him but he's my one stop shop....!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
82K miles with the No Limit CCV ****** installed. Towing, Racing and lots of idling and the truck purrs like a kitten. I'm no engineer but I don't need junk in my intake system. Same reason I got the old man a catch can system for his Eco boost for Christmas.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
oh man .. that's pretty far fetched unless you're doing something very wrong. just don't restrict flow, it's a very simple course in physics .

I tied the hose going to the venturi on mine in a tight knot over top of the transmission is that right? :morons:

More serious question though Mike. When I did run my hose to my venturi I tried to keep it from going at an upward angle as much as possible, but along the frame rail and pst the trans etc I'm sure it has a slight upward climb to it to get further back to the exhaust of the truck, do you think I have a possibility of it clogging with oil and creating pressure since I don't have a catch can?

ncollins64

Reaction score
That's exactly the why mine was before I got the catch can. Never had any issues and I didn't see any oil being held in the hose when I rerouted everything and added the catch can.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I tied the hose going to the venturi on mine in a tight knot over top of the transmission is that right? :morons:

More serious question though Mike. When I did run my hose to my venturi I tried to keep it from going at an upward angle as much as possible, but along the frame rail and pst the trans etc I'm sure it has a slight upward climb to it to get further back to the exhaust of the truck, do you think I have a possibility of it clogging with oil and creating pressure since I don't have a catch can?

highly doubtful, but for good measure i would pull it off the venturi and drain into a cup just to see if anything comes out.

Lipka101

Reaction score

That's exactly what I'm talking about. With a venturi you might be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

95cobby

Reaction score

What's the reason for running the hose all the way to the rear like that? With the Venturi, wouldn't you be able to put it closer to the downpipe?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What's the reason for running the hose all the way to the rear like that? With the Venturi, wouldn't you be able to put it closer to the downpipe?

they say it could create a lil pressure build up with the few bends in the exhaust down stream.. closer you get to the tip the less restrictive the pipe is. but I dont know if anyone has actually put a vac/pressure meter inline to see if that is true or not.. closer to turbo the closer the betree the vapors will burn though..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

WHY NOT

Reaction score

I did it because I didn't want the rubber hose getting to hot. It's pretty much right after the cab.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

There's that physics word again!! Haha

If it was truly a venturi the answer would be no problem.

However. It's just a pipe angled into the exhaust stream with a very slight vacuum if any.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
they say it could create a lil pressure build up with the few bends in the exhaust down stream.. closer you get to the tip the less restrictive the pipe is. but I dont know if anyone has actually put a vac/pressure meter inline to see if that is true or not.. closer to turbo the closer the betree the vapors will burn though..

live life full throttle

By nature the laws of aerodynamics still apply in 2017:toast:

Look up what a real venturi system is and you'll understand. The picture on Google is self explanatory.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
By nature the laws of aerodynamics still apply in 2017:toast:

Look up what a real venturi system is and you'll understand. The picture on Google is self explanatory.
wasn't talking about the venturi system itself.. that was exhaust pipe bends I was referring to.. and I said "could" due to the fact that the ccv put in the exhaust is usually done by guys running open headers in their race cars. not full on exhaust... so there is zero back pressure at the collector on a header flange.

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
There's that physics word again!! Haha

If it was truly a venturi the answer would be no problem.

However. It's just a pipe angled into the exhaust stream with a very slight vacuum if any.

you sir have smoked yourself retarded.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.