TONKA350's build thread PIC HEAVY!!!

AKHILF

Reaction score
I'v been thinking about putting captain chairs in the back of my truck kinda like yours. Those are front seats you just modified for the rear right? How hard was that?

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
I remember seeing you post up threads on your truck from the beginning, nice truck!. Thank you for your service and like what many others said, you got a lucky wife to be getting you all that stuff for your truck.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I'v been thinking about putting captain chairs in the back of my truck kinda like yours. Those are front seats you just modified for the rear right? How hard was that?

hey bud the conversion was so easy my wife did it. all the holes are already in the floor for it, they just need to be drilled and tapped. I honestly suggest NOT going this route though, it took alot of storage space and leg room away. if you want any sort of comfort I didn't find this in my truck after I did the conversion. yes they were front seats converted rear seats.

yay build thread

LOL, yes Doug, You're welcome! LOL

Looks good should end up looking really good as well

Thanks bud, I'm really hoping so as well.

Sick build. You got an awesome wife. At least she's spending the money on the truck.

LOL, thanks man. I'm very lucky to have her yes, she's a HUGE supporter. as of right now I've got a photoshoot scheduled with 8-LUG Magazine for when I get home, hoping for DieselPower and Diesel World to hop on board as well.....we'll see.

Chad

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Great looking truck, love all the changes over time. Reminds me a lot of the drastic changes my trucks been through over the last year! :thumbsup:

AKHILF

Reaction score
I already lost all my storage and had to move my seat forward quite a bit to fit the 4 L7 12's I was thinking changing it up and doing a nice center consul all down the middle and just having a 4 seater and have reclining chairs in the back would be sweet. Thanks for the info. I also remember your truck from the org days. Cant wait to see it with the new paint. Also interested in what it costs to reupholster the seats!! I'm so far into mine it's the only left i really want. Well and an 05 axle conversion. I guess i wouldnt mind a lot more hp too. Haha never ending.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I have no idea what it's costing to reupholster the seats bud, mine are just being replaced all together. my wife bought a complete interior out of an 01 with a black leather interior for 450....all plastics and everything.

Chad

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would go Katskin instead of reapolster. Christmas is going to feel like it took a year to show up since no pics or unveiling til then.

Tonka350

Reaction score
trust me Erik I know! LOL I get home in a little over a week from now and can't have my truck until Christmas!!! IT SUCKS!!! but yeah I'm not reupholstering, I'm replacing the seats and everything with all new seats, carpet, headliner, plastics, seatbelts, steering wheel. and just painting my dash to match the black interior.

Chad

AKHILF

Reaction score
Yeah I believe he said he got an all black interior out of an 01. I didnt now the 01's had black interiors learn something new everyday

Tonka350

Reaction score
yeah all the upholstery is being changed....as far as I'm told the truck was an 01. I've never seen it, my wife actually bought all the interior so I'm not too sure, she's not amazing with years but she's great with the parts LOL

Chad

Latest posts

Members online