TONKA350's build thread PIC HEAVY!!!

Tonka350

Reaction score
haha yeah Konnor messaged me on Facebook and said he's gonna start calling me "The Author" LOL....thanks for the kind words, I really loved how it turned out, my painter/body man apparently adjusted all the body lines to perfection and it looks even better now!!! and no problem on the service thing.....everybody needs a job right LOL.

Chad

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
WOW CHAD GREAT BUILD
your dedication to that truck is amazing
you got a good woman to from what i read.
your stupid freind only helped your truck in the long run LOL

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE

Tonka350

Reaction score
THANKS ALL, I really love how the truck is turning out, but a few more changes are set into motion when I finish the exterior and interior, but the interior won't be COMPLETE until around February, I've got to order a few ( 5 )-7" tv's and new kings rezi shocks with taxes.

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
I'm lookin forward to being there Konnor, talked the wife into it, she's pretty excited actually....I can't wait I think Jambo is going to be its first show.\

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
so I'm in a great debate guys..........do I keep the 5" single exhaust and convert it to 5" dual exhaust with 7" tips...( about 250 bucks total ) or do I put an 8" stack ( about 160 bucks with the parts I just found ).....which one would be better? the only thing I'M SUPER WORRIED ABOUT is the soot on the new paint.

Chad

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Tonka350 said:
7703.jpg

That roll pan looks damn good. :thumbup:

Tonka350 said:

Not to derail but what are the specs on that OBS?

so I'm in a great debate guys..........do I keep the 5" single exhaust and convert it to 5" dual exhaust with 7" tips...( about 250 bucks total ) or do I put an 8" stack ( about 160 bucks with the parts I just found ).....which one would be better? the only thing I'M SUPER WORRIED ABOUT is the soot on the new paint.

Chad

I'd do duals with 7" tips over a single stack. Your rig looks clean & a set of duals out the back would help it keep that look.

jshalala

Reaction score
Keep the exhaust you have, I like the look of that one single tip. Looks mean and clean. If you have to change it go with the duals, they are more rare than stacks. Anyone can throw a stack on a diesel

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Tonka350

Reaction score
That roll pan looks damn good. :thumbup:

Not to derail but what are the specs on that OBS?

I'd do duals with 7" tips over a single stack. Your rig looks clean & a set of duals out the back would help it keep that look.

thanks Cat, I tried lol...I think the duals are more and more effective than anyone gives note for...but I'm worried about exhaust "distribution"

as for the stats on the OBS.... it's a MINT condition 1997 f350 crew cab long bed with 4?" of lift, in these pics they are 36x15.50x16 dc fc2's and 16x12 eagles. the engine is BONE STOCK at 245k miles ( before I deployed ), he runs a dp f5 chip in it ( not sure of his tunes anymore )

he's now running 37x13.50x20 toyo mt's with 20x10 xd machined diesels and nfab step bars in black....the new look is AMAZING compared to this look...the truck drove and rode like a cadillac. the interior is just as perfect as the exterior and all in all it looks like it just rolled off the show room floor all together.

I think I'm going to go with duals but I have to paint my exhaust ( since it's aluminized and part of it will be "chromed" so I want to paint the exhaust black but not sure what paint to use.

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
update....going with duals under the bed, just found BOTH 7" tips for 80 bucks shipped....brand new 5-7x15" long with a rolled tip...

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
here's a non-picture update.....I just picked up another set of rockstars ( 20x12 chrome ) and 40" m16's for them, as well as 2 exhaust tips, 5-7x15" for 80 bucks for both brand new!!! pretty stoked about that!!! my new interior will be at the house when I get home!!! the truck will be "up" and ready to go a few days after Xmas and completely lifted and all a few days after the 1st hopefully.

Chad

Latest posts

Members online