Tons of turbo bark and surge

08Monster

Reaction score
Recently installed a No Limit stage 2 on my dereted 2014, ran it with my tunes I had, and had a bad surge when cruising about 60, or when going down hill. Constant cycle from 2-10lbs of boost. Got new tunes for the intake, still surges, and barks my turbo ALL the time. Under light acceleration (5lbs of boost) I can let off and it'll bark. When I come to a stop, it will literally bark the turbo for 3 full seconds, going tu-tu-tu...... What the hell is the deal?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
You said you got new tunes with the intake, have you tried your old tunes since?

08Monster

Reaction score
It only mounts in the intake one direction, so it must be right I assume. I noticed the surge with the old tunes, texted Mike and got the new ones, no change at all from old to new. Barks like mad, I don't even want to drive it. I'm sure I've done lots of damage to the turbo already.

08Monster

Reaction score
Stock turbo. It never did this before the intake. Why would installing the intake make it do this? Never had an issue before.

Notneb

Reaction score
Well I'm just saying, you mentioned white smoke coming from the exhaust too, sounds like the turbo...

sootie

Reaction score
It only mounts in the intake one direction, so it must be right I assume. I noticed the surge with the old tunes, texted Mike and got the new ones, no change at all from old to new. Barks like mad, I don't even want to drive it. I'm sure I've done lots of damage to the turbo already.

You could have the entire tube backwards

08Monster

Reaction score
I pulled it yesterday and checked, the flow arrow is pointing to the engine.

cappa

Reaction score
Stock turbo. It never did this before the intake. Why would installing the intake make it do this? Never had an issue before.

I would imagine it was already acting this way and the intake just made it more audible

08Monster

Reaction score
But, my turbo never once surged before the intake, now it's constant! It's gotta be the tunes. I'll call Mike tomorrow and get something lined up. I gotta change something

08Monster

Reaction score
I have IDP tunes also on my X4, I'm loading the load first tune now, than trying those. If those do it also, I'll blame the turbo. If they don't, I blame the tunes.

08Monster

Reaction score
IDP runs flawlessly. GHead seems to have more power, but these don't surge or bark. Definitely an issue in the tuning.

107stroker

Reaction score
MY 2014 does this as well every time i cut it off and when i let off after a hard acceleration . im running ******** tunes with no limit stage 2 intake. I thought it was normal. Should i get my tunes tweaked? Thanks guys.:wtf:

Latest posts

Members online