Tool Boxes . . .

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
def weatherguard ftmfw. I've owned TSC and delta. had experience with buddies owning husky and kobalt. you get what you pay for. I love mine

Hammer Down

Reaction score
i know this is an old thread but these are my questions exactly. i am down to weatherguard or pro tech, has anyone owned both who can tell me the pros and cons of both of these? i know the weatherguard is an awesome box but i think the flat look of the pro tech might look pretty sharp in my truck as well. pics would be awesome.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I really am not a fan of how tool boxes look but I do have a need for one. I had an underrail box in my 08 and it worked out well so I just ordered one of these.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...Flow=3&catalogId=10053&langId=-1&ddkey=Search

Only thing bad about an under the rail is that you lose all the space for things like plywood or or drywall etc.

You neex the setup I have in my work truck...well the drawers anyway
tools.jpg

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Ill add another for weatherguard, had mine for 4 years now and its been a beast of a box. Had a delta champion previously and the difference in fit, finish and quality is night and day. Id recomend weatherguard to anyone. I also love highway products, but the price is a tad more on the steeper side. But id imagine with a box like that ya do get what ya pay for. But my weatherguard is just fine

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Love to see some photos of chest boxes. I want to put a black weather guard under the rail chest box in my 05.

Pikesnogle

Reaction score
Weatherguard ALL the way, never had any type of rain or water get in. Expensive but WELL worth the cost. I've got a cover on the bed of my F250, I want to sell it so I can buy a Weatherguard for her instead.

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Denver

Reaction score
I would go with a Taylor wings, highway products, or protech box before a weatherguard box. The weatherguard box has a crappy lock system.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
I would go with a Taylor wings, highway products, or protech box before a weatherguard box. The weatherguard box has a crappy lock system.

Mine has the lock when you unlock it the lock pops out and ya press it to open it.
51nb1-La8oL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My buddy has a weatherguard that has the latch handle mechanism.
WeatherGuard-7081-1PK.jpg

Which one you thinkin of?

jdc753

Reaction score
That is the first I have ever read of the weatherguard having a crappy lock system, I was always under the impression they had the best, seems most of the other manufacturers started copying weatherguards push button system. It's nice too since even if your hands are full you can just bash the button and get the lid to pop.

I will admit I have never heard of the Talyor Wings products before but they look very nice, headache rack looks the same as protech's but still very nice stuff.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My weatherguard boxes on my worktruck are 15 years old. Changed the pass side lock five years.ago and the drivers side.a year ago. They still seal, they still look good, and one.set of locks in fifteen years is.not.a.crappy design. Not sure what that guy is talking about.

Denver

Reaction score
I had the push button lock on my weather guard box. After 3 years of use it was getting loose and would have to give it a smack to release the latch. Its a cool idea/look but not the best lock out there. After seeing a Highway Products lock system I was sold on them and the other brands that use the same system like ProTech and Taylor Wings. They use a T handle instead of a button and use a hook type clamping system to keep the lid closed. I've had my HW box for 3 years now and still looks new and will probably be the last box I'll ever buy. I also have a Taylor Wings box that is probably 15 years old and is still in good shape and the lock still works like new.

Last edited:

Denver

Reaction score
Here are some pictures for you guys that are asking.
The Taylor Wings in my OBS before I sold it. Now the box is in an 02.
IMG_1137.jpg

The Highway box in the shortbed truck
IMG_0240.jpg

Also has one of these
IMG_0237.jpg

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Here are some pictures for you guys that are asking.
The Taylor Wings in my OBS before I sold it. Now the box is in an 02.
IMG_1137.jpg

The Highway box in the shortbed truck
IMG_0240.jpg

Also has one of these
IMG_0237.jpg

How does the taylor wings latch system work compared to a weather guard?

does that box mount flush to the back of the bed?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
How does the taylor wings latch system work compared to a weather guard?

does that box mount flush to the back of the bed?

It doesnt latch by itself. You have to turn the latch to open and close it.

Same system that Protec uses.

I've had both and FAR prefer the Weatherguard over the Protec. The Protec box is very slick looking, but IMHO the Weatherguard is a better box.

My weatherguard in this picture is over 7 years old. Have not done a damn thing to it...

577810_527593757252346_22910691_n.jpg

Latest posts

Members online