total loss

oneturboforme

Reaction score
All you guys concerned better pull your 300/200 and I'll trade you for my stock ones and a relocation fee. Lol ... on a serious note that sucks 97 hope you get it fixed soon.... I'm kinda in the boat where it lools like piston went up and rod came back solo seeing it broke and wasnt bent to hell

co04cobra

Reaction score
I killed my SB DD but haven't grenaded the engine yet in my 00.

It has 300/200s and hybrid 68 on it. So that's a WIN! for now.

co04cobra

Reaction score
It was a 3650. All brand new from SB.

Ive installed more clutches then I care to remember. They are installed correctly and TQd. (Don't want that to sound like an A-hole comment. We just deal in A LOT of manual trucks)

Truck has dynod 620-670. I don't do burn outs, or drag race it. But I've sled pulled, and ran it WOT when I want on the road.

I didn't grenade the clutch. It just slips now in my big tune when above 35psi or so. Before it was slipping, the turbo would light around 1800rpm and break the tires loose at around 50mph.

V-Ref

Reaction score
It was a 3650. All brand new from SB.

Ive installed more clutches then I care to remember. They are installed correctly and TQd. (Don't want that to sound like an A-hole comment. We just deal in A LOT of manual trucks)

Truck has dynod 620-670. I don't do burn outs, or drag race it. But I've sled pulled, and ran it WOT when I want on the road.

I didn't grenade the clutch. It just slips now in my big tune when above 35psi or so. Before it was slipping, the turbo would light around 1800rpm and break the tires loose at around 50mph.

That's what I figured based on your rep on here....prob have one of the few real world single turbo 600+ HP trucks out there....just putting it to it! Mine would slip a smidge with 76 when it hit on the big tunes during a 5th or 6th gear roll on too...but that turbo hit like a ton of bricks.

In the clutches you've seen...what's your thoughts on contamination from the valley (oil/fuel)damaging the holding ability of these clutches....have you seen any of that on your customers trucks?

co04cobra

Reaction score
No, they're not really streetable. Buddy had one in a 6.4 and after running on the street it eventually would get hot and not want to disengage.

I think they have street dual disc, but suppose to hold more power now. A 3750? Mine was still the old style that rattled with the clutch in.

co04cobra

Reaction score
That's what I figured based on your rep on here....prob have one of the few real world single turbo 600+ HP trucks out there....just putting it to it! Mine would slip a smidge with 76 when it hit on the big tunes during a 5th or 6th gear roll on too...but that turbo hit like a ton of bricks.

In the clutches you've seen...what's your thoughts on contamination from the valley (oil/fuel)damaging the holding ability of these clutches....have you seen any of that on your customers trucks?

Absolutely with the contamination. Its usually pretty easy to tell when they get oil or fuel on them as they will slip under much less load.

If is caught early and cleaned I don't think it is permanent damage. When they continue to run them it for sure shortens the life of the clutch. It also seems that once they are completely oil/fuel soaked (not caught early enough) even once cleaned they won't quite hold what they once did.

Yep, mine usually slips in 6th on a roll. When did that 76 lite? I know you are very experienced with these trucks also.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
All these different results on clutches make me wonder if there isn't something going on the install, or flywheel surfacing, or ???

All brand new parts Even the flywheel. It did not slip to bad to start with in fact it would do it very lightly but over time it got worse and worse and worse.

Did you make sure to clean the flywheel good with brake cleaner and do the break in procedures?

Yup all the metal surfaces (flywheel and pressure plate) were cleaned with brake cleaner before going together. I had it out again at one point and I made sure again it was clean. I have a feeling the Kevlair side is what is causing the problem. After all the clutch is only rated for 500/1000. 300/200 sticks with the right air can do more then that easy. I plan to upgrade to a DD clutch or switch out to a auto. If I do a DD clutch the ZF5 is going back in.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Yep, mine usually slips in 6th on a roll. When did that 76 lite? I know you are very experienced with these trucks also.

It lit around 2100-2300 rpm with a .81 undivided turbine housing Jake's ceramic coated up-pipes and a 46mm PTE wastegate with the 25 psi spring pack in it, for an auto trans truck, I could definitely see street driving a 76...but I'd still want a cam, headwork, headers, and a gate to run a tighter turbine housing, and then gate the excess BP once it lit. But on a manual...not so much :) 5th and 6th gear roll ons were fun though :)

V-Ref

Reaction score
.90 exhaust housing on the s467.7....gated to a 1.32 T6 GTX4718 was what my math told me to do for a tq peak of 2800 rpm and a hp peak of 3200 rpm.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Say you wanted to get the response that 4everboosted has in his 6.7 but you wanted to top end it to and make high 7s maybe 8 on fuel. Make a lot of power early and carry it to say 3 or 3500. What would u need? Trips?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.