totalled truck

Charles

Reaction score
Nah it dont look that bad! It will buff out LOL

But the truck isn't worth anything.... hence the likelyhood of it being totalled.

FYI... "totalled" = when the cost to repair exceeds the value of the vehicle according to the book... not the likely fair market value.

It's probably totalled. Would probably be cheaper if it was and he bought it back and pocketed the rest of the claim.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
There's not a doubt in my mind they are going to total it. Im just hoping I have the opportunity to buy it back and go from there. Not sure what I'd do with it yet but it still runs so I want my motor lol. May look for another obs to swap everything over too.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
When I wrecked my 96 (it was in way worse shape than yours) insurance totaled it and I bought it back for something ridiculous... like $300.

dean148802

Reaction score
glad your ok. i have some smittybuilt stepsides that are for a extended cab to help out. i dont know if they will fit but if you want them you can have them. just pay shipping. they arent selling out here. you might be able to sell them their and pocket a few bucks. have all the hardware.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
if u have have then option of buying it back and don't want it let me know... u buy it back and I'll buy it as a parts truck

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Dean, appreciate the offer but I have a ton of stuff goin on right with trying to get closed on my house, work, and now this so I dnt really have time try to make a sale on something right now. Even when I get my truck back its gonna have to sit for a while before I get a chance to mess with it.

Fordfreak I definitely want to buy it back im just not sure what im going to do with it after.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It WAS a beautiful truck lol when I first lost control I was prob doin 50, I rode the bank on the other side of the road for probably 60 feet and I bet when I came down off that bank before I hit the pole I was movin pretty good. I was definitely driving to fast for the road conditions and im thankful my stupidity didn't result in injury to anyone. I plan on buying it back, I have too much time, money, sweat, and blood that thing to just let it go.

It definitely help up well considering what happened. You should have seen the look on the cops and firefighters faces when she fired right up and I drove it up out of there

50mph my azz! you would snap a pole off at that speed but to actually take a chunk out of it? come on man...

live life full throttle

1ofakind79

Reaction score
From what I was told when my old truck got hit last year and from a friend with a body shop the ins co will total if it is 75% damage from what the blue book value is. They will give you a few options though usually. Just get a check for that amount, a check + truck with a salvage title (parts or rebuild only), or in a few cases I've seen them allow the vehicle to have a clean title if you agree to take a lesser amount. Like you get the maximum amout of cash that they can give you to keep the truck under that magic % that would total it. If you choose the buy it back for parts its usually like 10% of the value of the truck so probally under 1K.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
There was no way I was doin over 50 when initially lost control, now I have no clue how fast I was goin after came down off the bank. Im thinkin when I hit the bank is when I smacked my face off w.e I hit and knocked me out for a second because I remember going toward the bank and the next I know I was lookin down and realized my hands weren't on the wheel and just remember sounds from there.

Im still waiting on the adjuster to call me back but im hoping I can get check minus salvage value of my truck and be on my way.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
There's not a doubt in my mind they are going to total it. Im just hoping I have the opportunity to buy it back and go from there. Not sure what I'd do with it yet but it still runs so I want my motor lol. May look for another obs to swap everything over too.

I have a Texas 95 CCLB body and frame for sale if you are intrested $1600

Latest posts

Members online