towing 18,000 pounds with a f250 SRW

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
What happens when the front wheel Blows at highway speeds? Or when the brakes lock up at 70 mph? Anyone can "what if? Anything. Accidents happen. I know, personally, I won't to it again. My comfort level wasn't where I would like it to be. So, my 450 will tow it from now on. But, believe it or not, people towed with SRW trucks for a long time before duallies were available. And I was within all of the weight restrictions on my rig, and below the legal limitations of my License.

Twan

Reaction score
What if you have a dully and one tire blows out and takes the other out with it? Youhold on and keep it on the road, I love my dully but I pull 25 with my SRW, as far as laws, most likely we are breaking one just sitting in the trucks guy, to many people want a free ride, so use a brain and go with for it. Theold 80's trucks had ratings for less than 5k, seen people pull 20k with them.

Jason

Reaction score
You can pull 30k lbs, and as long as you're not overloading your axles, and have the brakes and axles on the trailer, you're safer than the guy pulling the big toy hauler with his cc dually with his axles at their ratings. I've grossed 27k off the receiver hitch, with a weight distributing hitch, and had 7,020 on the back axle, and like 4k and some change on the front axle. While technically the truck was "overloaded", neither the axles/wheels/tires were over their ratings. The trailer carried the majority of the weight.