towing the stroke to martys!

Marty

Reaction score
Well got a chance to look at it some today. It started on its own with a battery charger. After it got into the shop, I had to jump the starter solenoid lol.

Anyway... tons of codes.... all from modifications.

Lots of white smoke. I will be calling you about it tomorrow.

05chevy

Reaction score
Na it can be another stroke, cummins, dmax just something that hasn't been messed with fresh start

Marty

Reaction score
No full diagnosis yet. Put a napa starter relay on it, but it was burned out but since I already modified it to fit.... I had to get another from Ford directly. Got it and put it on, still doesn't work. So I tested the signal wire and its not getting power. So I'm going to trace that issue. Either wiring, ignition problem or similar. I hooked up lpoil gauge and I'm getting some funky numbers. When I have someone else at the shop I am going to get them to recprd the numbers while I'm in the cab datalogging.

I don't have Jon up here anymore and im torn between so many damn trucks at the minute and answering the phone. I am mAking it a point to be devoting some more time to just this truck between tomorrow and Monday.....

Marty

Reaction score
Fuel Pressure on gauge is >40psi at idle.
LPoil is where we have a problem.

The truck is hard to get cranked. Builds 0 psi until right after it starts and then shoots up to 20 psi. After 2 minutes it's at 10 and then at 5 minutes it's at 6 and then continues on down until it hits zero.

The gauge on the dash doesn't even flicker until it shows 4 psi or less on the mechanical gauge and it was on 0-2 psi until the Oil light came on!

Funny thing is that the DC ramps up to about 40% and the ICP ramps up to about 2200 psi even without LPoil. I want to put a mechanical gauge on it just to verify the numbers. I have seen this before a few times, in fact the black truck sitting next to yours in the shop with the engine out was a result of something similar.

It's got a definite miss in hi-idle, much less noticeable at idle. Tons of white smoke and something definitely sounds amiss with the engine.

The truck starts with the key now, just cleaned out the inside of the signal wire.

I'll call you about some more info today since I know you just had this engine put together.

Just stroken

Reaction score
wow well if u need me to help at all im off monday and can swing down to lend you a hand but give me a call whenever and we can go over this n see whats going on

Marty

Reaction score
Chris, I think it would be a good idea for you to come up. Need to talk about this some more about what all has been done to this engine.

I went back through some notes I have written over the years. Something is pissing off lpoil. Ie: lifter, cam/main/rod bearing etc..... in fact i took apart another engine with the same lpoil symptom and an audible knock and 2 cam bearings had slid halfway out of their race and one came completely out and pretzeled up.

Is this block filled? Have seen hardblock accidentally get into an oil passage and cause the same issue. Either a conversation on phone or in person would be a good idea.

Just stroken

Reaction score
well after spending a day at martys we ran the truck a lil but does not sound good at all so i guess i trailer the truck back home and start to tear her down and see what we can find!
254330_216604338372648_100000692516946_695213_5729496_n.jpg

249472_216604465039302_100000692516946_695217_5011740_n.jpg