Towing with 22X12s

15Platinum67

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got 22x12 forces on 35x12.5 Toyo MTs on my 15 F250 I'm in the market to purchase a 44 foot toy hauler this weekend would like some input if it is safe to tow that kind of weight with that tire and wheel set up. Btw the truck has Firestone airbags.
Thanks

WHY NOT

Reaction score
You can look up the weight ratings on the tires online and see what they are. I know my 35x13.50's are like 3305 each and I have had over 9K on the back axle before. This is with my 20x12's

getstroked27

Reaction score
Depends on how heavy the toy hauler is going to be fully loaded, the wheels will be more than fine, tires should be if you keep the right pressure in them, but i would check to make sure.

15Platinum67

Reaction score
The toy hauler is 18K lbs not to sure about how much tongue weight the trailer has but I do know it's more than a regular rv to offset if you carry something in the toy hauler section

Coolbeans

Reaction score
I don't think you'll be legal pulling that with a 250. The hitch weight of that is sure to put you over the 9900lb gvwr is it not?

jcain

Reaction score
Is this real life? 44' toy hauler on a 250? What a clown... Should've bought more truck instead of the wheels.

15Platinum67

Reaction score
I'm not concerned at all with the weight for the truck 18k trailer is nothing for a 250 I've pulled a similar rv many times and it pulls it with no problem at all but that was with factory tire and wheels was just looking for input from someone with experience towing with the current setup I have would be appreciated

Coolbeans

Reaction score
I know that it will pull it. I pulled a 14k fifth wheel with my 2011 f250 with airbags and it was fine. However, I was slightly over my allowable payload and the thought of having no insurance on my truck or trailer if I had a wreck was not worth it. I just upgraded to a 350 for this reason. Yours is 4000k more than mine, so it will pull it but you are waaaay overloaded and therefore just rolling the dice everytime you're on the road. Best of luck to you

Jason

Reaction score
It will pull it just fine. Chances are it will handle it, and stop it without too much of an issue either. Reality of it is that it's a dumb move to pull a 20k + lb trailer with a f250. Should something happen, ALL of the liability is on you, and that's not a position I would want to be in.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
It'll pull and stop just fine. Where you will run into trouble is how you load it and what you've got for hitch weight.

I'm on the safe side of the same boat, but there's not a lot of headroom that's for sure. My toyhauler is 34' on the box and I'm grossing 25klbs. Wheels similar to yours.

I think you'll be fine, you just need to load it right so you don't have too much hitch weight.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Letting people pull those huge toy haulers and not having to stop at scales as long and as tall as they are is complete bs just because there considered rv's.

With that being said most of the time insurance wise if you have a trailer attached to the truck it counts as part of the truck insurance, that just may be how a commercial policy works I'm not sure.

Jomax

Reaction score
Being an RV. I'm sure being overloaded won't void your insurance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Hearing this drives me crazy. It's a huge safety concern and if dot stops him- I promise he won't tow illegally anymore with the large fine. That truck won't stop that weight in a holy chit situation nor is it anywhere legal for the truck... idiot. An f450 is the minimum vehicle that legally can tow that hauler(if the toy hauler is loaded down to capacity). at least here in maryland it is- hence why I have a 450 to pull our 20k lb loads.

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
Letting people pull those huge toy haulers and not having to stop at scales as long and as tall as they are is complete bs just because there considered rv's.

With that being said most of the time insurance wise if you have a trailer attached to the truck it counts as part of the truck insurance, that just may be how a commercial policy works I'm not sure.

correct, anything I pull with my trucks (commercial policy) is covered under the vehicle.

Jomax

Reaction score
Hearing this drives me crazy. It's a huge safety concern and if dot stops him- I promise he won't tow illegally anymore with the large fine. That truck won't stop that weight in a holy chit situation nor is it anywhere legal for the truck... idiot. An f450 is the minimum vehicle that legally can tow that hauler.. at least here in maryland it is- hence why I have a 450 to pull our 20k lb loads.

The new F350 DRW can tow what, 22k? I don't think he needs quite a 450.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Try to stop that load with a 350... it doesn't work anywhere near like the 450 stops. Been there done that- I don't want to take that chance again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.