Towing with my deleted 15

359 Pete

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My truck also has low power until it warms up. I am only running the tow tune.....not higher tunes. I am wondering if maybe the tunes just needs to be updated due to the no power characteristic until it warms up. Maybe the turbo brake function has a update as well. When the truck was stock I could not discern whether or not it was working or not. Coming from the 2011 dodge w/ manual trans w EB on it was unmistakeable it was on or off. So does Innovative diesel have it's own tuning or is it someone else's. Maybe I should call Innovative and let them know my experiences. Heck there might be a update.

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My truck also has low power until it warms up. I am only running the tow tune.....not higher tunes. I am wondering if maybe the tunes just needs to be updated due to the no power characteristic until it warms up. Maybe the turbo brake function has a update as well. When the truck was stock I could not discern whether or not it was working or not. Coming from the 2011 dodge w/ manual trans w EB on it was unmistakeable it was on or off. So does Innovative diesel have it's own tuning or is it someone else's. Maybe I should call Innovative and let them know my experiences. Heck there might be a update.

didnt you say you were running kem tuning? if so then there is an update, its nice having power right away and my truck acted way different towing after update

ftast350

Reaction score
Has anyone had a failure other than buddy just prior to SEMA? I don't mean to derail.

TyCorr

Reaction score
. I can not even tell if the exhaust brake on the Ford functions.

That's a lot different than your original statement.

I respect your opinion of how each system works, and simply wanted to point out to you that if you really "can not even tell if the exhaust brake on the Ford functions" that something is very wrong.

I didnt say the other "quote" you put in your last reply pardner. That was 359 pete.

My dad has a 15, not me. Ive only used it here and there but to tow as he is getting old and doesnt enjoy yanking stuff down the road unless its open interstate. I just think you need to nudge the exhaust brake function on the superduty. As I said, its fine by me too.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Last edited:

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Exactly why. I lost the head on my last truck passing a line of 18wheeler fully loaded. No clue how fast the spedo stops at 120 in a dodge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well that's why you don't buy a dodge. Lol.

I just ran up to the Carolinas in my 450 weighing 38k and it struggled hard. I was running 29psi for 2 hours straight. up and down the hills and she's still good lol.

Btw it's a stock 2012 turbo with 80k miles and it's still pumpin. I don't get it. I would say it's safe to run 30psi on these stock trucks. I've been doin it for a year and 80k miles later with not one issue. It's not a 15 turbo but I might put the one I have in it just for sh**s and gigs to see what I can boost with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Lol the dodge lived the longest with the fewest problems I have ever had out of a truck. It just didn't have a blue oval so it had to go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online