Trac bars or Ladder bars

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im not the biggest fan of that style. But I will tell you, I think traction bars were one of my favorite mods without a doubt. I would never run a truck without them, especially modified. My buddy made mine and theyre absolute tanks, dont make any noise either.

20120705180527.jpg

photomay2381039pm.jpg

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Terrible design for these trucks. They need to be connected from your axle tune to the frame. And I wouldn't put bars under my truck unless they're 1/4" wall tubing with some very good joints like ballistic fab makes. Either make your own or look into Caltracs, pmf, or ouo traction bars.

java

Reaction score
OUO bars are awesome, my dad has them on his 6.7 and loves them.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Ouo are sweet but they are $$$. I had a friend who runs a machine shop build mine for $200 and they are solid! Been sled pulling with em with no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Anyone that has made their own set if ladder bars... How did you attach the bar to the axel? I am thinking of building my own set, I see OUO has a couple different options, I like the idea of utilizing the u-bolts but is that the strongest/best option?

05wh250

Reaction score
i got my stuff from rustys offroad for the mounts. used something like there flush mount control arm mount on the frame. and used pre made shock mount tabs on the axle nut i don't see the ones i used now.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I ran different traction bars before switching to OUO. Now, my axle moves, as its supposed to, without wrapping/hopping. The #1 goal of 99% of people building traction bars is to stop the axle from moving. That is not the purpose, stoping excessive and unnecessary travel outside of desired axle path is.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Im not the biggest fan of that style. But I will tell you, I think traction bars were one of my favorite mods without a doubt. I would never run a truck without them, especially modified. My buddy made mine and theyre absolute tanks, dont make any noise either.

20120705180527.jpg

photomay2381039pm.jpg

Your siding, 7th piece up is longer than all the rest. But seriously those look nasty big. .. I guess I'm confused wouldn't ride quality suffer with Trac bars? Not allowing suspension to travel straight up as it should ?

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Your siding, 7th piece up is longer than all the rest. But seriously those look nasty big. .. I guess I'm confused wouldn't ride quality suffer with Trac bars? Not allowing suspension to travel straight up as it should ?

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

Which is why I stated 99% of traction bars dont function as they should. Travel is limited and binding occurs

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Which is why I stated 99% of traction bars dont function as they should. Travel is limited and binding occurs

^whs

I think I made mine too long and I do get some binding. I always removed them when towing because I knew they weren't quite right, but other than that a noticed a slightly rougher ride on the street but greatly reduced wheel hop. The truck is a puller now though and the suspension is nearly solid. Lol. So they should be fine now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online