Traction Bars?

6.4lStroker

Reaction score
Im looking to get a set of Fabtech traction bars here soon, has anyone had any experience with these? If so what are your thoughts? OR is there a set that is better, custom or anything. Any input is appreciated and thank you in advance

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Bigrpowr hooked me up with mine so I'm not sure what they cost new. You get what you pay for when it comes to traction bars, IME

Reaction score
I built my own for 1/4 of the price of any trac bars around. They are really easy to buld yourself they just dont look all pretty and dont have a fancy name. Dont get me wrong though One up off road has some good looking ones besides mounting to your U bolts...that just seemed kinda cheesy to me at least.

09stroker

Reaction score
I built my own for 1/4 of the price of any trac bars around. They are really easy to buld yourself they just dont look all pretty and dont have a fancy name. Dont get me wrong though One up off road has some good looking ones besides mounting to your U bolts...that just seemed kinda cheesy to me at least.

Wow how did you build them for under 250?!?!

Reaction score
bought some metal tubing, heim joints and then made up some brackets did some measuring and cutting then welded everything together, little bit of black spray paint and done. I think I actually spent around $350. Wish I knew how to post pictures on here to share with you guys but I dont know how. Like I said nothing peeeeerrrrrrtttyyyy but hey they work...so far

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

yeah ..and a few other things you probaly didnt notice that they have that you are missing. we are driving $50,000 trucks and most of us want function and fashion. the axle mounting bracket on the ouo is one of the nicest pieces on my tuck, and i enjoy seeing such a quality piece.

please post pics of yours, and remember the ouo weld on bars are only like $600 ....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
bought some metal tubing, heim joints and then made up some brackets did some measuring and cutting then welded everything together, little bit of black spray paint and done. I think I actually spent around $350. Wish I knew how to post pictures on here to share with you guys but I dont know how. Like I said nothing peeeeerrrrrrtttyyyy but hey they work...so far

so you spent $350, did all the work yourself and they arent purty???? i guess $600 doesnt sound so bad now. please tell me you didnt rattle can them as well.

steve- yours were $1100. ;)

on edit- you call this cheesy ?

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nope not at all those look good. The ones I was looking at were totally different and I aint rich and dont drive a $50,000 truck just sharing what I did. $600 aint bad I didnt have the money so I did some myself.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Im looking to get a set of Fabtech traction bars here soon, has anyone had any experience with these? If so what are your thoughts? OR is there a set that is better, custom or anything. Any input is appreciated and thank you in advance

Go with PMF they're the best bars ever produced.

All joking aside, I like my PMFs but OUO has straight traction bars with no blocks. Last I checked PMF only has the ones with blocks built in.

For the fabtechs, I wouldn't go that route. I'm sure betarocker will chime in here in a little bit to save you from them. For some reason I think he went through more than one set, but I could be wrong.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Nope not at all those look good. The ones I was looking at were totally different and I aint rich and dont drive a $50,000 truck just sharing what I did. $600 aint bad I didnt have the money so I did some myself.

yeah i understand. i was just trying to explain what a lot of us 08 and up guys look for in a bar.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
:shrug:

They are both options last time I checked, and pretty damn good ones at that.

You are correct sir. It's just amazing to me how this topic always evokes so much passionate feedback and opinion from people. I thought the VS. thread would never die. As long as the individual is pleased with how their money was spent its all good.

Latest posts

Members online