Traction Control Disable/Fuse?

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Nope. Everything works like normal, except a service advancetrac message appears and 2 lights on the dash come on. But once you flip the switch back off all returns to normal.

Clean-15

Reaction score
2 points for you!

Sweet. I win! I thought of this a while back but was too chicken to hack that wire. I was worried the resistance in the relay might goof up the signal from the wheel speed sensor. Glad it works, I"ll being giving it a whirl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Just unplug the sensor first and see what happens. Apparently other people are having problems with their speedometer.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Brake stands are easy. It's when you try whipping the truck sideways people have problems. Sometime I could do it with only the traction control off, and sometimes it wouldn't let me even get close. So I just wired a relay to my front tire sensor and power it with one of my factory Aux switches like someone talked about earlier. Works perfect!!
10-4..

seems simple for those who need it.. i just want to get rid of having to hit the dam button everytime i get in the truck..

live life full throttle

Dthurst07

Reaction score
Brake stands are easy. It's when you try whipping the truck sideways people have problems. Sometime I could do it with only the traction control off, and sometimes it wouldn't let me even get close. So I just wired a relay to my front tire sensor and power it with one of my factory Aux switches like someone talked about earlier. Works perfect!!

So if I have this right you can cut the wire on the front Driver side tire sensor and wire in the two closed pins on a relay to each wire and then power that relay to make everything normal but when you kill the relay you losee traction control and keep the ability to use 4x4 the differental e locker and speedo??? Just trying to make sure I have this right before I start cutting into a 75k truck. If at all possible can I get a picture of this and a explanation of how you did this. Kinda new to my truck and I don't want to mess anything up but when I go through the snow I don't want to be a 75k hunk of metal

sootie

Reaction score
So if I have this right you can cut the wire on the front Driver side tire sensor and wire in the two closed pins on a relay to each wire and then power that relay to make everything normal but when you kill the relay you losee traction control and keep the ability to use 4x4 the differental e locker and speedo??? Just trying to make sure I have this right before I start cutting into a 75k truck. If at all possible can I get a picture of this and a explanation of how you did this. Kinda new to my truck and I don't want to mess anything up but when I go through the snow I don't want to be a 75k hunk of metal

the wire is the abs sensor. Use a normally closed relay so when you juice the relay, the power breaks the circuit.

Dthurst07

Reaction score
Ok so when I give the relay power it will kill the tc. And I will have no problem. I own a 2015 f250 6.7L. Diesel. 4 door platinum. Iv worked hard for this thing and saved for about 2 years to get it. And when I get into the snow it's just goes dead on me and I hate it 440 hp and 860 ft lbs of torque are nothing in snow with tc

sootie

Reaction score
Use an upfitter switch for power. You will get warning lights and chimes etc but when you flip the switch down again it will go back to normal

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Use an upfitter switch for power. You will get warning lights and chimes etc but when you flip the switch down again it will go back to normal
whats the point of using a relay? why cant you just hardwire a toggle switch inline to complete the circuit or kill the circuit?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Dthurst07

Reaction score
Now I'm wondering if I can take the actual traction control button and run from the power lead off of that. For my switch. Because when you hit the tc button it has to send a signal to somthing. So could I use that signal to interrupt the signal of the tire sensor?

leland88

Reaction score
From an electrical stand point a switch should work. The only reason a relay would be need it using an up lifter switch. The up lifter would turn on or off the relay. Or just wire a switch in line with the abs wire. Like you said they both make and break connection

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
From an electrical stand point a switch should work. The only reason a relay would be need it using an up lifter switch. The up lifter would turn on or off the relay. Or just wire a switch in line with the abs wire. Like you said they both make and break connection

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

upfitters run thru a relay i believe .

JRLott

Reaction score

Up fitter ran through a normally closed relay is so the switch is off during normal operation and the switch is only on when TC is turned off because of "our" seriously OCD tendencies.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
It's the difference between a set of wet contacts or dry contacts.

Scenario #1 - The upfitter switches have +12volts on one side. If you cut the ABS wire and tie one side of that cut wire to the other side of the upfitter, you will be sending +12volts steady back to the ABS module. This is a simple set of wet contacts. This MAY work, but not likely. Worst case, it smokes the ABS module because it is expecting to see some other voltage or signal pulse or whatever.

Scenario #2 - Take a wire from the dead side of the upfitter to one side of the coil on a relay, ground the other side of that coil. Once the switch is flipped, it energizes the coil on the relay and the relay contacts change state. Cut the ABS wire and connect each side of that cut through the normally closed contacts on the relay. When energized, it breaks the ABS wire again, simulating an unplugged connector.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 120

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
that all just sounds like to much work.. cut a abs wire, connect long wires to each end, connect the other ends to a toggle switch and its on or off.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Dthurst07

Reaction score
Can someone explain witch wire you're connecting to what I know you have 5 wires on a relay. The exciter wire, ground, the power ,the receiving power,and the jump wire. The sending power wire and the receiving wire witch one goes where for the abs sensor? Sorry for the repetitive questioning? I'm trying to wrap my head around this fully

ford rules

Reaction score
Abs wire should run through the power and receiver power normally 30 and 87 then just need the other two to switch the relay open/closed.

Latest posts

Members online