Trans codes cel... Any helps apeiceated

slc6oh

Reaction score
but it won't die when you load on the accessory load ;-)

i would be pissed if I had to pull the converter I would just leave it stock

that

Trust me; im really close to that.

Prob Re coupe a bunch of $ selling the precision unit....

Will see tho

sootie

Reaction score
but it won't die when you load on the accessory load ;-)

i would be pissed if I had to pull the converter I would just leave it stock

that

his truck isnt dieing

Trust me; im really close to that.

Prob Re coupe a bunch of $ selling the precision unit....

Will see tho

If you had it stalled correctly for your setup, you would love it. You took a converter stalled for a six four and wonder why it doesnt work well on a non-vgt six oh??? The performance of an aftermarket converter is much better than stock. Stronger lock, fast lockup and better power transfer when unlocked. why the frick would you sell a piece that is far superior than stock?

i try and help where i can but man, you have multiple threads on this issue...get it stalled correctly for your application.

Zmann

Reaction score
I can only go by what I read
but something lugs the engine down pretty good when im sitting at a light, like not kill it bad but its noticeable

on the remote filter
you will want to leave it in place

we just did some testing and it looks like if you leave it out you may have some temperature issues because the coolers will not get the flow they have
with the filter in place

I am also surprised the 6.4 TC is an issue with the 200 rpm difference but what stock replacement do you have coming 6.4 0r 6.0 ?

Last edited:

slc6oh

Reaction score
Stock replacement 6.0, but like i said, just cant be without the truck long, its my only vehicle. so if i have the percision re stalled then re-install it then thats where ill be. I fully understand am fully aware the precision is far superior but im kinda stuck atm ya know?

slc6oh

Reaction score
The 6.0 ones still sitting on my toolbox... 3min of my time, no biggie. Ha

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
i could be wrong but i thought the tcc solenoid is what engaged lockup. the clutches inside the converter are what make it tight with it unlocked.
Yeah, you're wrong.

The clutches are not engaged AT ALL until the converter locks, and that's above about 40 MPH.

What makes the converter tight is the design of the vanes inside the converter. It's all done by directing fluid, the clutches are just along for the ride at this point.

sootie

Reaction score
Yeah, you're wrong.

The clutches are not engaged AT ALL until the converter locks, and that's above about 40 MPH.

What makes the converter tight is the design of the vanes inside the converter. It's all done by directing fluid, the clutches are just along for the ride at this point.

So the tcc solenoid does something other then engage lockup?

slc6oh

Reaction score
262$ to have precision re-stall the converter. Def going that route.. Rental car/borrowed car for the time i need ill still be roughly the same as buying the oem 6.0 converter. And now i dont gotta r&r the trans two more times

Zmann

Reaction score
after doing my trans in the driveway I would say that's a smoking deal

slc6oh

Reaction score
So i mean im still using a used trans, but i paid 600 for trans and converter, another 262 to restall, prob 100 in shipping, then 300 ish in filter, oil and flex plate... So really i guess ill make it out ok at the end of it all

sootie

Reaction score
So i mean im still using a used trans, but i paid 600 for trans and converter, another 262 to restall, prob 100 in shipping, then 300 ish in filter, oil and flex plate... So really i guess ill make it out ok at the end of it all

holy frick you stole it.

slc6oh

Reaction score
holy frick you stole it.

Yeah i mean thats why i even installed the converter in the first place fugured "screw it 1600stall cant be too bad" and slammed it all together... Well yeah ive been driving it all week including a few longer trips, its fine up on the freeway, but damnit its not even remotely ok around town.. Lol

So ill pull the trans back out and converter is going to precision to get re-stalled to 2-2100, just gotta study on how high is to high and still tow correctly

sootie

Reaction score
Yeah i mean thats why i even installed the converter in the first place fugured "screw it 1600stall cant be too bad" and slammed it all together... Well yeah ive been driving it all week including a few longer trips, its fine up on the freeway, but damnit its not even remotely ok around town.. Lol

So ill pull the trans back out and converter is going to precision to get re-stalled to 2-2100, just gotta study on how high is to high and still tow correctly

2200 is probably good. that way if you go to a bigger charger, you wont need to restall again. Swinky says his drives fine with 2200 but i highly doubt he tows. What altitude are you at?

only downside to a looser charger and towing is the amount of heat.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Im pretty high up (4500' but iirc our corrected da is usually in the 6k range) and if im towing, its around 11k up hills at freeway speeds for the majority of the outting , so usually direct locked or od/ od locked..

sootie

Reaction score
Im pretty high up (4500' but iirc our corrected da is usually in the 6k range) and if im towing, its around 11k up hills at freeway speeds for the majority of the outting , so usually direct locked or od/ od locked..

with that elevation, you will want a 2200 stall. For towing when locked, stall has no affect. You should be fine.

slc6oh

Reaction score
with that elevation, you will want a 2200 stall. For towing when locked, stall has no affect. You should be fine.

now say, I'm putting along and the converter needs to unlock in od, assuming that will bring the rpm up to the 28-3000 range, what if any effect am I gonna see from the higher stall? none id assume?

the higher stall really just will be noticed from a light I take it right?

sootie

Reaction score
at that rpm, none. most noticeable from a light, yes. if you were going slower in od and you get it to unlock, it may take a slight bit more rpm

slc6oh

Reaction score
Annnnd one more new guy question while were on the converter topic:

Say i shoot for 21-2200r stall and have em loosen it up some so im not trying to pull through my brakes, if say i do end up on a kc 1.5 (not really planning on it but never know)

Will that turbo (or larger than stock vgt) still do well with the higher stall? I know vgts like lower stalls, but if thats just big enough it could benefit or at least live with the higher stall, that would be nice.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.