Trans codes cel... Any helps apeiceated

sootie

Reaction score
It's not that vgts "like" lower stall, it's that with the variable vane, they can tighten up the exhaust housing to increase spool-therefore not requiring a high stall.

It would still work, however it would make better use of your setup to utilize a tighter stall with a moderately larger than stock vgt.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
So the tcc solenoid does something other then engage lockup?
No, that's it's only function. But the converter won't lock until the vehicle is above about 40 MPH. If you're having problems at a lower speed it isn't the converter clutch or the TCC solenoid causing your problem.

slc6oh

Reaction score
instead of starting ANOTHER new thread, (cant find anything that's touched on this concern) maybe one of yall know. using my oe dipstick tube and stick in this 08 trans, am I reading trans oil level correctly.

I read 18qts with dry converter, AFTER i tried running with 13qts at 3am the night i installed the trans with no luck. (stick still showed full) truck would just die when i put in drive. added another gallon after a Walmart run, and it was now fine. still acts waaaaay tigh, and has 18 qts in it, but stick still showing full. if not a ch over full.

think my sticks not right and i really am low?

Zmann

Reaction score
the dipstick and tube are the same for the 6.4 / 6.0 so ?

now they are a pain to read

slc6oh

Reaction score
been lookin at p/n and **** for a solid hour and that's kinda what I'm coming too...

just weird. i added a qt and it quit wanting to die.

ill have the trans out next weekend and the converter sent out that Monday.

Zmann

Reaction score
the short tube that was in the tranny matched your old one didn't it ?
interesting
I can't see a quart making it not die vs die

slc6oh

Reaction score
I wish i would have even looked. But yea, with how much is in there youd think 1qt wouldnt matter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.