Trans Issue...

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Should I be able to wobble the splined part of the TC that rides on the pump hub? When I stick my fingers down there I can wobble it around.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Should I be able to wobble the splined part of the TC that rides on the pump hub? When I stick my fingers down there I can wobble it around.

LOL I was told that it should move a little... We weren't really sure of that. Mine wobbled upon removal.... it was trashed.... Id have it checked. Might be your only issue...

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna get the converter checked out. I have begun reassembling the trans while closely inspecting each part as it goes back in. If it turns out to just be the converter, it was a good learning experience.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna get the converter checked out. I have begun reassembling the trans while closely inspecting each part as it goes back in. If it turns out to just be the converter, it was a good learning experience.

i hear ya on that.

good luck.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
So I bought the air test plate so I can test all the clutches before I throw it back in once the engine is done. Does anyone know what psi I should be applying?

TC will be getting sent out this week as well so hopefully that is it.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
So I bought the air test plate so I can test all the clutches before I throw it back in once the engine is done. Does anyone know what psi I should be applying?

TC will be getting sent out this week as well so hopefully that is it.

If it is like my old gasser transmissions, 5 psi should be enough. But I have a feeling that these transmissions are heavier, and might require more. Look it up on youtube. Ive learned tons on there... from rebuilding motors to brain surgury... LOL

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Bringing this back up since I finally got the billet intermediate I ordered a while ago. Put the trans back together and installed my test plate. It's 20 psi that is needed FWIW.

I can hear all the clutches apply except for the forward clutches. When I use that test port I just hear an air leak. Would a torn apply piston for the forward clutches cause my issue of no forward or reverse?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Bringing this back up since I finally got the billet intermediate I ordered a while ago. Put the trans back together and installed my test plate. It's 20 psi that is needed FWIW.

I can hear all the clutches apply except for the forward clutches. When I use that test port I just hear an air leak. Would a torn apply piston for the forward clutches cause my issue of no forward or reverse?

forward momentum. yes.

reverse. no. forward clutch isn't used anytime for reverse.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
You guys think it'd be worth it to ditch the Suncoast HD converter for another option? I got the engine going back together now and i'm hoping to push it around 800-1000 hp so I want something that will hold up. I'm still gonna send in the HD to get fixed under warranty if it is bad or refreshed regardless.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You guys think it'd be worth it to ditch the Suncoast HD converter for another option? I got the engine going back together now and i'm hoping to push it around 800-1000 hp so I want something that will hold up. I'm still gonna send in the HD to get fixed under warranty if it is bad or refreshed regardless.

iv'e never had good luck with sun toast converters

Latest posts

Members online