trans problems, again...

brian89

Reaction score
I have a good core, not all the hard parts tho, half of mine were good, and half were bad but i do have just an aluminum core with extension housing

bluedge8

Reaction score
your a long ways away LOL I'll find something local, what do you think you'll have into the trans when you get it done?

brian89

Reaction score
MMy dad is driving down here from PA in a week and a half, you could maybe meet him somewhere up there if that would suit you or help out a little more, he will be driving back the first weekend of August

bluedge8

Reaction score
thanks bud, but PA has to be at least 1500 miles from me. there are enough options around me when I'm ready.

brian89

Reaction score
Thanks, happy it went well but its not over yet, hasn't gone thru my torture test yet so we can only hope that it runs now

brian89

Reaction score
Putting transmission in the truck tomorrow, might have a vid or two tomorrow and will for sure have one Saturday IF it runs ha

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
a piece of advice....

don't hammer it very hard at all with that stock reman torque converter and those big tires, as it will be the weak link, and if you lose it, you get to do it all over......

TARM

Reaction score
Yeh its to the rad then into the air cooler then back to the trans. Be sure to flush that cooler out well and I would at the very least add a inline filter on the return line going back to the trans between it and out port on the air trans cooler. That way none of the crap gets back into that trans.

brian89

Reaction score
Well, got it in last night, put fluid and cycled gears for 15 minutes or so, put it in drive, wouldn't move, went in reverse fine, first was fine as was second, drove it down the road shifting manually, hit drive and it shifted to third and then up to fourth, slowing down my Interceptor was reading that it was going into second and first at a stop but it was still in third, got back, read codes and got p0603 internal controle module KAM error, any ideas?

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Well, got it in last night, put fluid and cycled gears for 15 minutes or so, put it in drive, wouldn't move, went in reverse fine, first was fine as was second, drove it down the road shifting manually, hit drive and it shifted to third and then up to fourth, slowing down my Interceptor was reading that it was going into second and first at a stop but it was still in third, got back, read codes and got p0603 internal controle module KAM error, any ideas?

Did you unhook your batteries?

brian89

Reaction score
could somebody PLEASE help me try and figure out why this transmission is obviously out to get me, i put a rebuild kit into my original case, using hard parts from 2 different trannies, then i rebuild the solenoids using new parts, new gaskets, use 2 different solenoids, get a new in pan filter, new parts in front pump, and it still wants to be in 3rd gear when i put it in drive, the exact same problem i had when i pulled a whole different tranny out of it 3 weeks ago, why is it doing this? the Interceptor shows what gear it should be in when its going down thru the gears, but it wont go to second or first in drive, and when i first start the truck it shows over 2 volts to the tranny, as i drive it and get it warmed up, it gets lower and lower, lowest i saw was .5 volts, and it was at 160*, please help me, i am completely stumped because it is showing no transmission codes and i have no clue where to start on diagnosing this, its apparent that i can rebuild a tranny but not make it run....

bluedge8

Reaction score
well, this is totally a guess but I'd say that you have a control issue, the trans clutches and hard parts are probably ok, and it sounds like it's being told by the pcm to go in the correct gear, but it isn't. I'm also going to guess that your interceptor isn't seeing whats going on with the transmission, you need better diag equipment, I think you should look at getting AE- but verify that it will do what you need it to do. Seriously consider AE