Trans shifts weird

Zmann

Reaction score
he pedal pids have more than 1

and if i recall the 5 v reference is used by one of the senders to ramp up voltage as you input and the other ramps down for a checks and balance safety

I am not 100% so I would have to plug in also but there should be more than 1 PID for the pedal

Zmann

Reaction score
that sounds right
I can't remember what the 3rd reports? unless it's the reference input?

I can plug in if u need any verification just let Me know

Cold Roller

Reaction score
App 1 reduces voltage as the pedal is pushed. The other 2 build voltage.

from Ford:

AP (Accelerator Pedal Position)
ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS pg 104

• The AP (Accelerator Pedal) is a three track pedal. The AP incorporates three potentiometers. Through out the movement of the AP the resistance values of the three potentiometers must agree. During the movement of the AP if one of the three potentiometer readings do not agree, the check engine light will illuminate and the vehicle will continue to perform as normal. If two signals from the AP are lost the PCM will allow the engine to idle only and illuminate the check engine light.

• The three-track pedal is a safety feature. The three track pedal takes the place of the Idle Validation Switch allowing for limited system failure and still maintaining performance.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Ok, figured I'd post this after experiencing it today. Not sure if it is relevant to the problem or not. Was towing my trailer, and had Tow Haul on. Riding about 55mph, I let off the throttle and coasted as I came into town. About 50mph it downshifted. Wasn't on the brake, just coasting. Seemed pretty early for it to downshift. Mine doesn't usually kick down a gear until lower mph or if I get on the brakes.

Kept quick shifting even in tow/haul. Speeding up about half throttle, several times it shifted into 4th, followed immediately by shifting to 5 and TC locking all almost instantaneously. Just shift, shift, and locked. Seems like if im on the throttle harder than normal is when it quick shifts the most, but still does it randomly under normal acceleration. Then other times, it shifts perfectly normal! I don't get it. It's annoying as hell, but I haven't had a chance to play with AE any more to see what else I can monitor.

6speedsd

Reaction score
How about another update. Dropped the pan today, took the GoGo out and put the original solenoid back in. 4th shifts are just too damn harsh for me. Even have the pressure dropped 5%. Anyways, changed both filters (internal one and fluid had less than 5000 miles on it), and went for a drive. Never quick shifted the first time. Floored it from a stop and shifted as it should all the way to OD. Nailed it after it hit 4th/5th, and it held gears through OD. Hasn't done that in forever. So who knows. Maybe the ole girl Didnt like the GoGo solenoid. Secondary filter was pretty nasty looking too. Could be part of it. But, ill have a good drive Monday so we will see if it acts crazy again then. Maybe this is all the problem was.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well I had a bad flair on 3-5 shifts. Like bad bad flair. GoGo helped SOME, but Didnt cure it. Once I got tunes from IDP, it went away. Told them I was having an issue with a flair, and with this tune it holds that shift longer which eliminated the flair.

And when I said that shift was harsh with GoGo, I mean harsh. Like it would almost slam into gear. I was honestly worried about breaking something it shifted so hard.

Zmann

Reaction score
I know what you mean about slamming
every great once in a while mine does it when cold and it pisses Me off

I have to stay super light on the throttle but it makes no sense to Me since the trans shouldn't be in cold weather strategy at 100*

6speedsd

Reaction score
Mine has always shifted pretty hard in cold mode. 1st and OD aren't bad, but the rest are pretty hard until the temps are up.

That flair never happened when cold. Only when it was already warm. Will still flair every once in a while at low speeds. Like if I'm in traffic barely on the throttle. It'll pause just a second between 3-5. Doesn't do it near as often as it used to, but maybe once or twice a week it will.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well, 3 days of great shifts, and now it's back to shifting crazy. It seems like its always confused as to what gear it's supposed to be in. Start off from a stop and it shifts to second really quickly. Usually the shift to 3rd is too soon as well. 3-5 holds for a bit like it should. I don't get it. It doesn't matter how hard I'm on the throttle, it'll shift all the way through 3rd before I hit 40mph. I still think its electrical. I guess I need to drop the tune just to make sure that isn't whats causing my issues.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
It HAS to be electrical. The transmission doesn't decide when to shift, the computer decides and the trans shifts when it is told to shift.

Latest posts

Members online