Transfer-flow or Titan fuel tank?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I couldnt use the semi nozzles period. I had to use a pick up nozzle and set in on low and it would still burp sometimes while you were trying to wash the windows. Garbage!

That would suck hopefully that is fixed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Spatel23

Reaction score
I'd go transfer flow based solely on price.
I didn't have the problems mentioned above with my Titan but I did cut the vent tubes before install so that's probably why.

How's the urea tank deal work with the new tanks?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ill take a picture shone. It's just really close to the fuel tank making it harder for after market tanks to get the capacity. .. which I think is why the fuel capacity is smaller on these things.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Meh

Dpf still on. Rather not deal with all that truck runs fine stock for what I've been doing.

Reaction score
I have sold and installed quite a few titan's. I have one in my shortbed. It is wonderful not to have the 29 gallon fuel tank anymore. Those who have problems with their Titan's must have had the vent lines run incorrectly or something goofey. I can use the same nozzle as the stock tank took and fill it just as fast. I've done short and longbeds without issue.

But either way, I would vote to ditch the little tank. You'll never regret it.

JDub

Reaction score
I agree. I put the 52 gallon titan under my Chevy and couldn't be happier. Fit was perfect and install was a breeze. The stock 26 gallon tank sucked, especially when towing. Without a trailer I can go over 900 miles now... one of the best upgrades I've done

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MorganM

Reaction score
Ford offers a 35 gal tank in the gas trucks. Presuming it fits with the urea tank removed- would there be anything unique about a gasoline tank where it couldn't be used with diesel- I've never seen a diesel tank on the ground but I'm guessing the sending unit and filler neck may not be compatible?

35 gal would be ideal for me, 50 gal is too much.

12stroker

Reaction score
Btw here's how to reprogram the computer
And these are the instructions for your dealer to reprogram your DTE

This may be helpful to your dealer:

Fuel tank MTE update

1) Ensure IDS is at least version 72.xx - current version is 72.04.
2) Click on the toolbox icon at top left of main screen
3) Select 'Module Programming' - click checkmark icon
4) Select 'Programmable Parameters'
5) Select 'Fuel" - click checkmark icon
6) Select 'Front Fuel Tank - (IC) = xx' on bottom of parameter list
7) Select 50 (or whatever size you need) on right side of screen and click checkmark icon

Follow the remaining on-screen instructions

02BigD

Reaction score
It's only 360 lbs of fuel total weight, but only 180 lbs difference at maximum when the tank is full. Wouldn't expect a 3/4 ton truck to notice 180 lbs much.

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah I was curious because it was said on the 6.4 side. The guys truck didn't have the camper package just regular springs and noticed it leaning to the drivers side while full.

My truck has the camper package so I have pretty much a f350 rear spring set up but with the smaller block. I have done some research on it and I have 6k front springs so I have a odd f250.

But I am also interested in buying a larger tank that's why I am doing research as well.

JDub

Reaction score
With a transfer flow how are they ran into the factory tank? Sorry for a stupid question

They plumb into the factory fill neck. Most use a small pump that taps into your fuel gauge wiring, so when your main tank reaches 1/4, the pump kicks on and fills the main tank until the gauge reads 3/4, then it shuts off.

I have the new Titan in-bed tank along with the Titan underbed tank, so I can put a total of 112 gallons on the truck if I want. The in-bed tank transfers into the main tank much like the Transfer Flow, except mine is just gravity fed, no pump on it. It does have an electric solenoid I can open and close with a switch in the cab, so I can fill my main as needed. I liked the Titan in-bed because it doesn't have to mount permanently. There are some brackets you mount in the bed, then the tank just slips in and out of them easily. So I leave the tank out all the time and just put it in when I'm taking long road trips or towing a lot. The plastic tank is light enough, when it's empty, I can install/remove by myself in about five minutes. It can also be used as an auxiliary tank, there is a place to put a transfer pump in it to fill equipment or other trucks with if you need...

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
They plumb into the factory fill neck. Most use a small pump that taps into your fuel gauge wiring, so when your main tank reaches 1/4, the pump kicks on and fills the main tank until the gauge reads 3/4, then it shuts off.

I have the new Titan in-bed tank along with the Titan underbed tank, so I can put a total of 112 gallons on the truck if I want. The in-bed tank transfers into the main tank much like the Transfer Flow, except mine is just gravity fed, no pump on it. It does have an electric solenoid I can open and close with a switch in the cab, so I can fill my main as needed. I liked the Titan in-bed because it doesn't have to mount permanently. There are some brackets you mount in the bed, then the tank just slips in and out of them easily. So I leave the tank out all the time and just put it in when I'm taking long road trips or towing a lot. The plastic tank is light enough, when it's empty, I can install/remove by myself in about five minutes. It can also be used as an auxiliary tank, there is a place to put a transfer pump in it to fill equipment or other trucks with if you need...

Thats a couple good points that i wouldnt mind having is a transfer tank for other things (race truck) and what not. plus i dont really need 50 gallons of fuel all the time nore do i want to spend 200 bucks every time i fill. If it had the tool box on top that would be alright with me, i guess i have some thinking to do, damn you jacob

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I found a used transfer-flow on craigslist they say it was in a 2011 but im not sure if that means its a side mount or an inbed, the price is right so i might just buy it regaurdless of what it is.

Latest posts

Members online