Transfer-flow or Titan fuel tank?

uga33

Reaction score
Question. What material is the Titan made of and what material is the transfer flow made of. Only reason I ask is that on the old man site I'm on (FTE) a few fuel system failures on there have had fingers pointed at which ever one is metal. I would think the one made of plastic like stock would be better but who knows.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Transfer flow is aluminized steel
And Titan is plastic, polyethylene

On edit...found exactly what they are made of

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Question. What material is the Titan made of and what material is the transfer flow made of. Only reason I ask is that on the old man site I'm on (FTE) a few fuel system failures on there have had fingers pointed at which ever one is metal. I would think the one made of plastic like stock would be better but who knows.

Thats a good point.

This one I found is in bed I might just go that route so I can remove it no tank calibration and no ford dealers giving me hell

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I run the in bed tool box flush mount combo now and I love it. A guy has to pee every so often any way. I just grab any rest stop or off ramp put the nossle in and by the time Im back its full. I have it tied in to the up fitter switch as well so you dont know its there.

CamTom12

Reaction score
Thats a couple good points that i wouldnt mind having is a transfer tank for other things (race truck) and what not. plus i dont really need 50 gallons of fuel all the time nore do i want to spend 200 bucks every time i fill. If it had the tool box on top that would be alright with me, i guess i have some thinking to do, damn you jacob

A few counterpoints to this:

1) You don't have to fill it all the way up every time.
2) You'll spend the money on fuel regardless - either $75-100 at a time more frequently or $200-250 over longer intervals.
3) You'll never regret having too much fuel.

I've got a TFI toolbox/tank combo that carries 40 extra gallons. I wish I'd have gone bigger on the tank, but carrying 70 total gallons lets you bypass most of the price gouging and fill at the price you want. 18.5k GCVW for 4,000 miles and I only had to fill up once a day, even the day we crossed the Rockies and ran over 500 miles.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I pack around 150 gallons of fuel when ever thing is full... Love driving from Bend to Denver and half way back without even thinking about fuel...

Mpoage

Reaction score
From all of the negative things I heard in this thread about titan I decided to go with the Transfer Flow replacement tank for my Dad's truck. It's going to be 50 gallons compared to the factory 24 which will be nice when traveling or towing heavy. I will post up some pictures of the install and let everyone know how it goes.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I love my 60 gallon in bed toolbox Combe can't see it got straps tools and crap in it all dry bolted down manual nozzle to turn on and off I go 900 miles fully filled towing my horse trailer. But I only haul no crap in my bed. Rarely for sure lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
what brand did you go with?

I still havent bought anything i was thinking the 50/50 gal combo would be nice for lake trips ect

Reaction score
I'm looking pretty hard at getting the in bed Titan tank. Kinda upset that the last truck I traded in took the Titan with it. So I doubt ill do a full replacement tank again. The in bed poly tank will be much easier and handier to switch when I get a different truck. And when not in use it doesn't weigh crap to pick it up and take it out.

12stroker

Reaction score
I have been thinking of getting a tank as well until I saw Julian's set up at Ennis his fuel/ toolbox combo has me sold on one like that.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
nope 22 gal usable just aint enough

I really like the idea of being able to remove it and install it on the next truck ect, plus the split tank i can fill my generator boat four wheelers ect
5 gal gas cans get ***ing old

Super08Duty

Reaction score
If I didn't have an RKI toolbox in my bed, I'd have no problems with running a transfer flow combo. My question with titans tank is, how strong is the plastic?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
there side mount tanks are plastic, i would imagine its tough to hang under the truck in the cold with rocks pounding on the tank, factory tanks are plastic

sledhead455

Reaction score
I have a Titan in bed tank with a shutoff switch and fuel gauge I would make You a good deal On. It seems pretty strong I know when they were testing them they would park four wheelers on top of them. It's practically brand new only used it for a couple months but I need to bed space more than the fuel.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think transfer flow has an auto fill set up with a small pump and valve not sure how they know fuelv level but that would be ideal

Latest posts

Members online