Transmission issue on my 13

jsleboda

Reaction score
I ended up switching my truck to a performance tune with higher shift pressures and the slipping went away immediately. Called the tune company and they said the higher pressure shifts are probably stopping the slipping that i was seeing, so i could still have a problem. Probably going to change the trans fluid and filter soon and check it out.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Tried this and put the truck on tow, drive easy for a hundred miles or so. Got on it and it shifts into fith but you can hear the rpms fluctuate and the truck doesn't pick up speed. Like it's slipping but not enough to redline.

I would be patient and put 300-400 miles on it or more. I drove it nice for a solid month and I haven't had any crazy issues other than the odd glitch here and then when you stomp on it in performance. I'm thinking why I get the odd glitch is because I'm running it on my tow tune and then turning it up to performance and punching it and the transmission learns your driving habit's. I think its put into a state of shock when I do this lol.

But then again I'm running the Gear-Head trans tune and from what I hear its a much more solid platform.

Last edited:

Platinumf250

Reaction score
This thing is driving me crazy. Tuned the truck back to stock, loaded the load first tune, then the hot street. Drive it easy making sure I went through all the gears a few times. Each time a little more throttle so hopefully it would learn and adjust. Then went full throttle from a roll. It went to shift fith and revved but I stayed in it then it shifted. Did it again same thing. Tried it one more time and it shifted fine. It seems like if I punch it from a 50-60mph roll and it downshifts into 4th, it'll shift into 5th fine. If I go from a dead stop or it downshifts into a lower gear, when it goes to shift into 5th it'll slip. But if I stay in it it will grab after about a second. But now I'm getting a flair on the 3-4 shift. Under any throttle position, and sometimes a 5-6 flair. One time it tried to shift from 3-1 then back to 3-4 at about 40mph.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Well the truck is out of commission until I get this fixed. I have 1-3 that's it. When it tries to shift to 4th it just revs, shifts to 1st, back to 4th, then to 6th. Once it's in 6th I can drive it. When I slow down it downshifts to 4th. Revs and goes no where until it finally can shift back to 3rd or 6th. If I tap down on the "+ and -" to lock it out of a gear all it does is flash the gear I'm in, doesn't lock out the top gear like it should. If I put it in manual it doesn't show what gear it's in or have the light under M indicating it's in manual. But it will stay in that gear and won't shift up or down.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I had crazy shifts when I tried the KEM tunes. Took them off and ate the cost as KEM was clearly not going to fix anything. Ran H&S tunes for a long time. Switched to G3earh3ad this spring, nice improvement. Towing heavy and fast on long hills gets some high EGTs and I have to drop the level all the way down.

In your case, by the description the tune is not taking good care of your trans and you've hurt it. I knew those POS KEM tunes would have hurt mine and got them out ASAP.

Time to drop the pan and see what's there. If nothing, get the g3earh3ad tunes and the magic oil additive.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Check for trans codes, what does the fluid level/color what temp does it run at?
No codes but a wrench popped up on my screen. Trans never got above 194 and fluid doesn't seem burnt.

I had crazy shifts when I tried the KEM tunes. Took them off and ate the cost as KEM was clearly not going to fix anything. Ran H&S tunes for a long time. Switched to G3earh3ad this spring, nice improvement. Towing heavy and fast on long hills gets some high EGTs and I have to drop the level all the way down.

In your case, by the description the tune is not taking good care of your trans and you've hurt it. I knew those POS KEM tunes would have hurt mine and got them out ASAP.

Time to drop the pan and see what's there. If nothing, get the g3earh3ad tunes and the magic oil additive.
Yeah I've been looking for a mini maxx to try out. Been wanting one anyone's to try grhead tunes and more custom tune options. Got a buddy going to look at it and see what's wrong. Thinking it's a shift solenoid and not the clutches. Hopefully.

Reaction score
I would not have added shudder stuff in the trans....It probably has friction multiplier in it ...... That means that pushing that stuff through the solenoids is not a good thing. In fact it can make it worse. Its like putting ATF+4 in a 5r100 it will F*&^$ it all up.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
You might be right but everyone seemed to be using it with good results. Figured it was worth a shot.

jcain

Reaction score
The co-engineer of the 6r140 says the trans needs it. I trust him.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No codes but a wrench popped up on my screen. Trans never got above 194 and fluid doesn't seem burnt.

Yeah I've been looking for a mini maxx to try out. Been wanting one anyone's to try grhead tunes and more custom tune options. Got a buddy going to look at it and see what's wrong. Thinking it's a shift solenoid and not the clutches. Hopefully.

call me tomorrow at the shop .

jcain

Reaction score
Dr. Tranny Shudder Fixx

attachment.jpg

Reaction score
What would cause that solenoid to go out? Could it be my tuner? Has inn-ovative tunes.

debris in the spool of the solenoid can cause spool valve to not move back and forth. Or it could of failed electronically...

tuner will not make it fail. could make the pack fail but not solenoid....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.