Transmission slipping already?!

Atsah

Reaction score
I would check the EPC/PC-A line pressure soleniod first with an ohm meter.. Make sure it's between 5.08 and 5.80 ohms..

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Key off truck off.

And that won't give you any information on whether or not the solenoid is sticking. There is no test for that, you have to determine that from the symptoms.

Atsah

Reaction score
Mark, does tuning/changing line pressure effect the line pressure solenoid negatively?

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Gonna order the line pressure Solenoid. Hopefully that should work. The TC doesn't go out very often on these trucks do they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
want to order an upgraded epc solenoid but not sure where to get it. im looking at mts diesel and they have a decent price on one. anywhere else i could get one. want to look at all options before i order.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Could the solenoid that controls line pressure also cause a feel of lost power?
I can't think of a way that it could do that.
want to order an upgraded epc solenoid but not sure where to get it. im looking at mts diesel and they have a decent price on one. anywhere else i could get one. want to look at all options before i order.
Please educate me. What does an upgraded EPC solenoid do for you? How is it better?

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I don't know if there's an upgraded one. Prolly more updated I guess. Just been told that it's an upgrade

04cr450

Reaction score
I would like to change what I said before- I had thought I changed out the line pressure control but did not(I did not pay attention to diagram close enough)... Tried to change the solenoid out today and was unsuccessful. I have no idea how to get the main wiring plug out to get the line solenoid out the body... Sorry, I had changed another solenoid apparently and it worked but just started acting up again-went to look into it further and cussed myself for an hour.
How do you get the line pressure solenoid out? I don't think you have to remove the solenoid body do u?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The EPC solenoid is solenoid A, the direct clutch solenoid is solenoid D.

The connector should pull out of the trans. The o-ring that seals it often sticks, making it hard to pull out.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Seems like a simple task. I may try doing it tomorrow. How much fluid should I add back when I'm done?

04cr450

Reaction score
Thanks mark for helping us.. it seems easy but that plug just won't come out... should u unbolt the plug that mounts to outside case of tranny?... just don't want to break anything

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Had the truck looked at and they said the line pressure solenoid dropped to 170 psi and spiked up to 200psi. Is that bad?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Seems like a simple task. I may try doing it tomorrow. How much fluid should I add back when I'm done?
Enough to fill it. Probably about 8 quarts.
Thanks mark for helping us.. it seems easy but that plug just won't come out... should u unbolt the plug that mounts to outside case of tranny?... just don't want to break anything
You can't get it out while the connector is plugged into the wiring harness.

Had the truck looked at and they said the line pressure solenoid dropped to 170 psi and spiked up to 200psi. Is that bad?
It is bad if the PCM didn't command that, it's normal if the PCM did command that. I can't see what the PCM is doing from here, that takes a high end scan tool that is looking at live data to determine what the PCM is commanding.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Well poop. I'm just change out the line pressure solenoid and see if that fixes it. I feel 85% positive that's it

Latest posts

Members online