Trips

Erikclaw

Reaction score
For some insight, I will be using 3 S300 frame turbos. 2 362's .70 A/R and 1 366 .91 A/R. SS turbine housings and BatMoWheels. And one waste-gate. The same set-up as what Bullseye has on their Dodge, with the addition of the BatMoWheel, if anyone wants to duplicate lol.

I think he is using these. :poke:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
When i was contemplating tripples thats pretty much the same set up i was thinking except i was going to run a 64mm high pressure because my altitude sucks for spool up, but i think it should be a nasty set up and whatever works on a common rail should work for us so i think you are def on the right track

JDub

Reaction score
The triples we've been running on the Cummins motors would be wicked on a 6.4 :D

Last kit we built supported 1170hp fuel only and he was dropping rail pressure bigtime, it's got 1300 in it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The triples we've been running on the Cummins motors would be wicked on a 6.4 :D

Last kit we built supported 1170hp fuel only and he was dropping rail pressure bigtime, it's got 1300 in it.

I want brennans turbos on my truck so bad... just cant pay the $$$

mike@haller's

Reaction score

Hopefully we'll see that number out of Brennan's truck soon. That setup is nasty for sure.

JDub

Reaction score
I want brennans turbos on my truck so bad... just cant pay the $$$

We'll send you just the turbos and gates if you wanna build the plumbing yourself, would be much cheaper.

Hopefully we'll see that number out of Brennan's truck soon. That setup is nasty for sure.

And us too, turbos were only spec'd for around 1000hp, so we were surpised as hell to hear his numbers. I think a 2nd CP3 and a Smarty tuner is all he needs to get there...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
We'll send you just the turbos and gates if you wanna build the plumbing yourself, would be much cheaper.

And us too, turbos were only spec'd for around 1000hp, so we were surpised as hell to hear his numbers. I think a 2nd CP3 and a Smarty tuner is all he needs to get there...

there are so many other factors though. 6.4 with stock/ported heads are not gonna work like on a cummins. more power than any other most likely..but going away from vgt and poor headflow will not equal the same results, not even close. i would be worried about spoolup, but who knows when pius gets involved, he does lots of things that most cant fathom.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

Im sure i cant even afford the turbos

JDub

Reaction score
there are so many other factors though. 6.4 with stock/ported heads are not gonna work like on a cummins. more power than any other most likely..but going away from vgt and poor headflow will not equal the same results, not even close. i would be worried about spoolup, but who knows when pius gets involved, he does lots of things that most cant fathom.

I'm sure he might want to change the turbine wheels or housings, but if anyone can make turbos work, it's that guy...

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Those wide open / pius triples would work better than anything else out there.

mortal798

Reaction score
I think this sounds like an awesome build and

THIS thread IS worthless WITHOUT pics!!! :poke:

I know there aren't any pics yet, but it sounds like a beast

Kind

Reaction score
and you know this how? you own a 6.4 ? youve seen a 6.4 with that much air and a non vgt ?

That's just it, nobody knows how triples will work on a 6.4. Some people have better mathematical ideas then others of what "should" work but that's it as far as it goes.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You ever owned a set of the triples? We have already seen what his single does.

Of course he hasn't since there are none on a 6.4 yet. That is what he is saying, WOP's single works great but I think Mike is on to something in stating the heads on the 6.4 are probably the limiting factor big time. If they can't flow the cfm needed for triples then you won't get close to what that set up is capable of.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Of course he hasn't since there are none on a 6.4 yet. That is what he is saying, WOP's single works great but I think Mike is on to something in stating the heads on the 6.4 are probably the limiting factor big time. If they can't flow the cfm needed for triples then you won't get close to what that set up is capable of.

This thread is titled trips I have owned a set of them and believe they are the best set out there. Whether the 6.4 can handle them is a seperate subject. This same argument was made with the wide open single and it worked pretty good. If the truck sucks dont blame the turbos....LOL JK

Kind

Reaction score
This thread is titled trips I have owned a set of them and believe they are the best set out there. Whether the 6.4 can handle them is a seperate subject. This same argument was made with the wide open single and it worked pretty good. If the truck sucks dont blame the turbos....LOL JK

You have owned a set, and your opinion is very valuable to me, to an extent. The extent is you're experience is with a Cummins, not a V8 with poor flowing heads.

Non the less you guys at WOP are one of the VERY FEW who are an authority when it comes to triples.

But Mike has good points and are something that needs to be considered. I wasn't going to port my heads yet, but now I'm thinking I should.

Latest posts

Members online