Trips

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
You have owned a set, and your opinion is very valuable to me, to an extent. The extent is you're experience is with a Cummins, not a V8 with poor flowing heads.

Non the less you guys at WOP are one of the VERY FEW who are an authority when it comes to triples.

But Mike has good points and are something that needs to be considered. I wasn't going to port my heads yet, but now I'm thinking I should.

If your going to run triples on your 6.4 I have zero issues with telling you that a wide open / pius design will work better than anything else. The Cummins motor does not spool turbos well, is it better than a 6.4....I don't know.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If your going to run triples on your 6.4 I have zero issues with telling you that a wide open / pius design will work better than anything else. The Cummins motor does not spool turbos well, is it better than a 6.4....I don't know.

I think a cummins probably does spool turbos a tad better but not much, like i have said before i think whatever a cummins cr works, will probably work on a 6.4

Kind

Reaction score

I'm glad you are so confident in the WOP/Pius turbos!!!! From what I've seen and heard you guys at WOP have every reason to be.

But I'm a person that desires variety. Will my Bullseye S300's out perform your trips on a 6.4? Nor me or anyone else can give a definitive answer to that.

Unless I can magically pull enough money out my a*s to buy both setsLOL j/k. I'd love to do a comparison on the same truck but it isn't gonna happen unless people feel like being extremely generous and swapping out turbos doesn't require any to much re-fabLOLLOL

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I'm glad you are so confident in the WOP/Pius turbos!!!! From what I've seen and heard you guys at WOP have every reason to be.

But I'm a person that desires variety. Will my Bullseye S300's out perform your trips on a 6.4? Nor me or anyone else can give a definitive answer to that.

Unless I can magically pull enough money out my a*s to buy both setsLOL j/k. I'd love to do a comparison on the same truck but it isn't gonna happen unless people feel like being extremely generous and swapping out turbos doesn't require any to much re-fabLOLLOL

I can give you that answer but you wont trust me...:D

Kind

Reaction score
I can give you that answer but you wont trust me...:D

Noting personal, but there are very few people on any these forums that has earned any trust.

However I am a open minded person and can appreciate everyones opinion/experience on subjects I haven't already got a great grasp on, no matter how much they really know or not knowLOL

Hence why I started this thread:poke:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Somebody always has to be first. I think that it would be an awesome project but you will just be jumping into it blind so to speak. I think getting info from WOP would be beneficial due to their expertise. I do think head work would be a must cause it comes down to air flow. The more the better.... You are right, everyone on forums has an opinion, I am no expert nor do I claim to be.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Trust me, i have been really wanting to do it all, and JD is prob right on this, but im using a turbo set up thats proven to 800 hp on fuel in a 6.0 so thats why im doing what im doing, trips would be awesome, and you know pius will hit it right on the first try.

Maybe after i do these twins ill have him build me two atmospheric turbos and run what i got for a single in the valley... not the same thing i have been running something new

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Trust me, i have been really wanting to do it all, and JD is prob right on this, but im using a turbo set up thats proven to 800 hp on fuel in a 6.0 so thats why im doing what im doing, trips would be awesome, and you know pius will hit it right on the first try.

Maybe after i do these twins ill have him build me two atmospheric turbos and run what i got for a single in the valley... not the same thing i have been running something new

I was just giving you a little ****. Good luck with the new setup.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was just giving you a little ****. Good luck with the new setup.

i know, and like we talked at TS i would love to have your old turbo set up on my truck but i cant swing it, just cant, the turbos i got now were next to nothing... litterally thats the only reason im going this way and not back to stock turbos...

Kind

Reaction score
Well, I just got my July issue of DPM and seen Matt Larson's triple turboed Dmax. Looks very nice and it gives me a good idea of what I'm looking at doing.

Very nice job EPR!!

Matt

Reaction score
Trent and Matt do awesome work. They are really tight lipped about their triples though.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
noone has mentioned the extra space a cummins has in the engine bay. just a tad easier to plumb, just sayin.

as for someone to spec the kit, pius would be my first call, but, well, he probaly wouldnt take my call, so therefore i would be calling moose knuckle.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
noone has mentioned the extra space a cummins has in the engine bay. just a tad easier to plumb, just sayin.

as for someone to spec the kit, pius would be my first call, but, well, he probaly wouldnt take my call, so therefore i would be calling moose knuckle.

im honestly worried that the turbo i have isnt going to fit LOL two mid frame turbos wont be as bad but the plumbing would suck, TWO legit downpipes wont happen on a 6.4 LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score
im honestly worried that the turbo i have isnt going to fit LOL two mid frame turbos wont be as bad but the plumbing would suck, TWO legit downpipes wont happen on a 6.4 LOL

Lol o well looks like you should lift it again for some fender well clearance... :poke: just messin buddy lol

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

That is a very good point but I know a guy that could pull it off...

Latest posts

Members online