Trouble spooling off the line

strokin6L

Reaction score
been measuring my drive pressure with the boost. everything stays at a 1:1 up to 40psi of boost. It starts making boost at around 1700rpms. It drives really nice all the time.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I find it weird that a 62/65/70 spools slower than a 64/71/70 what gives?

is it because the 62/70 is gated?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I bet! that 64/71/70 is a great turbo, Im having a hard time deciding between that or a 62/68/70 batmowheel..

I think if you got updated tunes from eric I bet it would be a world of a difference, he sure as hell knows how to tune these trucks with a 62/70 or 62/80

strokin6L

Reaction score
Nope...it's non wastegated. The drive pressure and boost seem to be in check with one another and stay near 1:1 all the time.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
If they are a true set of 190's with 100% noozles. You will never clean them up with anything amller than a 71 charger. 190s have a crap ton of fuel when the tuner gives you all of it. 190's will make 650-700hp all day on nos

strokin6L

Reaction score
If they are a true set of 190's with 100% noozles. You will never clean them up with anything amller than a 71 charger. 190s have a crap ton of fuel when the tuner gives you all of it. 190's will make 650-700hp all day on nos

i agree with ya on that shawn. If i want it to...i can make my truck smoke like a freight train....it's all in how you drive it along with how it's tuned. My 190's however have 75% nozzles...not the 100% ones.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
there is no way in hell a 64/71/70 spools faster than a 62/65/80. im not sure why people are telling you this. the jump in wheel size will have much more effect on spool up than a 2cm larger turbine housing. ive ran both chargers back to back and the 71mm wheel spools much slower. sounds like you need to have less fuel commanded on spoolup or just take your foot out of it and feather it until the boost comes up.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i agree with ya on that matt, but however when i was running II's 62/65/70...that thing was a dog and fell on it's face all the time and never stayed lit and was laggy as hell. I'm sure that there was something wrong with it cause the seals went twice on it within three months of each other. I found it quite odd how the 64/71/70 turbo i'm running now spools fairly quick and runs waaay better than that 62/65/70 ever did...must been something wrong with the 62. But yeah the 62mm should light and spool faster.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Ive been real busy lately, havent had time to try it out, switch tunes and try again. After i see if the x street is any better i will contact Eric and see if we can get it sorted out.

Im going to see if i can feather it and get it to light.

I dont want to be the smokey slow one at the track...

motoxracer42

Reaction score
Ive been real busy lately, havent had time to try it out, switch tunes and try again. After i see if the x street is any better i will contact Eric and see if we can get it sorted out.

Im going to see if i can feather it and get it to light.

I dont want to be the smokey slow one at the track...

just try in your driveway lol. just come into the throttle slowly. you can feel and hear it coming on. too much fuel snuffs them out fast. i would just play with it. you will drop at least a tenth off your 60ft.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Finally had some time the other day to play with it. Street and Race were about the same time to spool. Took about 25 seconds to spool LOL but also noticed a little bit of smoke coming out of the hood. So guess i have a little exhaust leak i need to find. That will help spooling.

Got a video, but it gets a little dark toward the end... I guess when i take it to the track next time i will ask the other person to stage extra slow or just not leave on green.

Latest posts

Members online