Trouble spooling off the line

strokin6L

Reaction score
Finally had some time the other day to play with it. Street and Race were about the same time to spool. Took about 25 seconds to spool LOL but also noticed a little bit of smoke coming out of the hood. So guess i have a little exhaust leak i need to find. That will help spooling.

Got a video, but it gets a little dark toward the end... I guess when i take it to the track next time i will ask the other person to stage extra slow or just not leave on green.

Have someone give it some throttle when you are under the hood looking to see where the smoke is coming from. Sounds like it could either be a leak coming from the Y-pipe or a leak coming from where the Y-pipe gets clamped to the inlet of the turbo. If the Y-pipe isn't settled perfectly to the inlet of the turbo when it's clamped...it'll leak bad. There's a little lip on the inlet of the turbo that has to go into the Y-pipe before it gets clamped. Just over look that and see for sure to rule those things out cause an exhaust leak will make you lose drive pressure and make the turbo spool slowly.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Thats what I'm going to do. Pretty sure its the passenger side up pipe as i have an EGR delete and it was welded up by a shop. So stock uppipe with no EGR cooler, i was just waiting on this to happen. Will check it out before i order one, but i guess its time for a solid up pipe.

Now to find someone i trust to try and spool and not let off the brake...

strokin6L

Reaction score
you don't hafta spool it. Just put the truck in park and punch the throttle real quick and it should smoke enough so see any smoke if there's a leak.

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
Finally had some time the other day to play with it. Street and Race were about the same time to spool. Took about 25 seconds to spool LOL but also noticed a little bit of smoke coming out of the hood. So guess i have a little exhaust leak i need to find. That will help spooling.

Got a video, but it gets a little dark toward the end... I guess when i take it to the track next time i will ask the other person to stage extra slow or just not leave on green.

I had that same turbo on my truck for about two years and yes at first it was a mission to spool it..Eric sent me a different tune and bam she was perfect, I also got his ficm tunning that helped to.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I had that same turbo on my truck for about two years and yes at first it was a mission to spool it..Eric sent me a different tune and bam she was perfect, I also got his ficm tunning that helped to.

I wonder what he changed to help spool it for driving and to help it at the track. Less fuel on the bottom? what does he alter to get the boost up quicker? I wonder why Eric hasn't sent a file like yours to him to try out? Maybe he has but the exhaust leak is that bad.

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
I don't know what he did,But it sure did help as i said above with the combination of tune and ficm tunning it helped alot more..

Latest posts

Members online