Truck broke down, need opinions

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Contact the BBB. Ask the other dealer for a written estimate for parts and labor so you can run it by your wife or what not. Then get the bill from the original dealer. Im sure the BBB would love to see that. Also evidence if you go to court. Id like to see the billed time to remove the starter.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mike, tell the GM you have documentation about the job, how long it should take per their specs, and how much it should cost. Explain again that they've already exceeded that time/amount and they're only partially complete. You believe their business practices are deceptive, potentially a scam, and not only will you take them to court to recoup your money, but you will also contact the BBB, the State Attorney General, the NY Division of Consumer Protection, the newspapers, and the local news stations.

Unfortunately, even though I have the "time's" it should take... that doesn't mean they have to abide by it, that is strictly for warranty work. Obviously bringing in a truck that's not under warranty, you can expect them to take a little longer. Maybe 20% longer? Not 250% longer though.

I'm looking at my options right now, trying to figure out what to do.

I would go yank the truck an tell them to pound sand. Go see your boys at dons.

Truck is already sitting outside with all of the parts in the bed, I'm getting it towed to my buddies house.

Contact the BBB. Ask the other dealer for a written estimate for parts and labor so you can run it by your wife or what not. Then get the bill from the original dealer. Im sure the BBB would love to see that. Also evidence if you go to court. Id like to see the billed time to remove the starter.

Yeah I think I need to get at least one estimate if not two different one's from different dealers to have before going to court with anything.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Interesting turn of events here... haha.

Service manager called me. He said he looked it over and said he would try to accomidate me. He said they could go ahead and do it by book time (wait I thought the GM said there was no "book?"), 7 hours out and 7 ours in. I said stop right there, it's 7.7 hours TOTAL, not 7 out and 7 in, 7 all together. He asks me to hang on for a minute. He comes back and says that I shouldnt' have to pay for (he was hard to hear on the phone) them doing it on the floor or some nonsense, I don't know. He said they'll do the whole job parts and labor for $975. Amazing how we were at $875 before for removal alone, now were at $975 total, and that includes $270 worth of parts. He said they're doing the flywheel, the bolts, an adapter plate that appears to have heat damage from it coming apart and rubbing, and the rear seal. He said he felt bad giving me back a truck with the transmission in the bed. I almost felt like telling him split the labor in half, I'll pay you what I owe you for this work, but I didn't. I figured he was nice enough to call me back and work something out with me so I'll let them finish the job. I don't really want to pay $1k for this job, but at the same time it's going to be a headache getting my truck somewhere else at this point. I will give them the chance to make this right, I suppose. I'll keep you guys updated.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Well Kyle, this was information that would have been useful to me YESTERDAY! (Wayne's World quote! lol).

Seriously, I didn't know that... where at?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Oh no kidding? I'll have to keep that in mind for the future. I'd love to have a set of those up-pipes you've built...

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Oh no kidding? I'll have to keep that in mind for the future. I'd love to have a set of those up-pipes you've built...

If your interested? Let me know. Im making a order from spd this week, for all the materials i need to finish my compounde truck!!!

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah it probably wont be until next summer anyways, have this ridiculous bill to pay at the dealer, christmas right around the corner and everything else under the sun haha. I'll keep you in mind though, loved those up-pipes you posted before. If I get to that point anytime soon you'll be hearing from me.

Snake

Reaction score
Mike, I'm really happy to hear they're working with you on this. Completely feel your pain.....dealt with a similar situation years ago with a brand new GMC truck and the experience has forever soured my opinion of GMC.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I think I broke my dad's heart when I told him I didn't know if I'd ever buy another new Ford again. It's a shame because I really do like Ford trucks a LOT, but the whole thing has just put a sour taste in my mouth too.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I think I broke my dad's heart when I told him I didn't know if I'd ever buy another new Ford again. It's a shame because I really do like Ford trucks a LOT, but the whole thing has just put a sour taste in my mouth too.

Don't think dodge or Chevy is better.... Dealt with both.... Ill stay true to blue

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Mdub707

Reaction score
I didn't say I wouldn't buy a Ford, I wouldn't buy a NEW Ford at this time. Just don't want the headache of dealing with the service department any more.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Truck still hasn't moved from it's parking spot since they pushed it outside.... I'm really starting to miss it

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Still at the Stealership??? I thought your buddy was picking it up and taking it to his place?

:eek:fftopic: Did you ever get your fogs in?

Mdub707

Reaction score
That was the plan, but a page or two back I posted that I actually got the dealership issue resolved, they cut the bill by over 50%... so I'm letting them actually finish it up, of course now I'm playing the waiting game! As soon as it I get it back, it's still going to my buddies house for studs/gaskest all that nonsense.

Fogs are still sitting in a box right next to the studs/gaskets and all that other nonsense lol. I did get the headlight switch, but now I need the wiring harness (can't get a P/N for that) and not sure what I need for bulbs/sockets. I cant tell if the bulbs just clip into the back of what I have, or if there is more missing there...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.