Truck Jam Piedmont Dragway Oct. 20th

moptopjwm25

Reaction score
Yep and the other black truck with the pink weights puts 20ft on me every pull. the truck i pull has towpowers trans lift pump and a good set up. now u tell me a stock turbo duramax is going to put 20-30 ft on a truck that makes over 600hp is stoke

Reaction score
I agree. There are a lot of good running stock appearing modified turbo'd duramaxes. So I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over jared bringing his truck.

The whole point of work stock is to have very limited rules mainly stock appearing turbos and injection system. We can't even hang weights here. Its supposed to be a fun street truck class. Why put a bunch of turbo rules that not everyone can enforce (especially if they don't know what they are looking for). I vote for stock appearing, stock location and let everyone get creative on what they can do with that.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
I agree. There are a lot of good running stock appearing modified turbo'd duramaxes. So I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over jared bringing his truck.

The whole point of work stock is to have very limited rules mainly stock appearing turbos and injection system. We can't even hang weights here. Its supposed to be a fun street truck class. Why put a bunch of turbo rules that not everyone can enforce (especially if they don't know what they are looking for). I vote for stock appearing, stock location and let everyone get creative on what they can do with that.

Genius

sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

That or maybe they just don't want me to make a trip 18 hours to support the pull next time.

BogginF350

Reaction score
"Stock Appearing" A turbocharger utilizing a compressor and turbine housing that originally came from the factory. And must be located in the factory position, utilizing the stock mounts.

We use the "Stock Appearing" rule for the work stock because:

1 The duramax guys do not want to take their intakes off. This requires coolant lines, etc to be removed.

2 It takes too damn long to disassemble each truck and measure.

3 Elimnates bitching and promotes the aftermarket.

I look at it like this. If you got your ass spanked, man up and build your ****. We have a very competitive work stock class. Out of the 10-12 pulls Jared hit up here this year he may have won 3?
Last year he had not won a single pull up here. Loaded up, drove to NC and won 2.6 and WS.

In the Midwest truck pulling is just more advanced. It's serious competition. I have a few buddies with duramaxes I help and they beat Jared, Alot. Lol

It's too bad he upset some people, but you will have that. Build this winter and come back. FYI, Brent's 6.0 puts the hurt on Jared's truck. And this was before I live tuned it a week ago and squeezed another 90hp and 200lb ft out of it. Sorry Jared.. Hahaha

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
"Stock Appearing" A turbocharger utilizing a compressor and turbine housing that originally came from the factory. And must be located in the factory position, utilizing the stock mounts.

1 The duramax guys do not want to take their intakes off. This requires coolant lines, etc to be removed.

I look at it like this. If you got your ass spanked, man up and build your ****.

exactly!

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
^^^^^^^this is what we have been running. Only reason were making 2.5 is for street trucks with a little bit bigger turbo and doesnt have to pull with the big boys, the truck that won 2.8 is actually a 2.6 truck...we got some good ones this way to. Anyway jared hope u come back.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

I look at it like this. If you got your ass spanked, man up and build your ****. We have a very competitive work stock class. Out of the 10-12 pulls Jared hit up here this year he may have won 3?
Last year he had not won a single pull up here. Loaded up, drove to NC and won 2.6 and WS.

In the Midwest truck pulling is just more advanced. It's serious competition. I have a few buddies with duramaxes I help and they beat Jared, Alot. Lol

It's too bad he upset some people, but you will have that. Build this winter and come back. FYI, Brent's 6.0 puts the hurt on Jared's truck. And this was before I live tuned it a week ago and squeezed another 90hp and 200lb ft out of it. Sorry Jared.. Hahaha

what setup is Brento running now a days?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I totally agree, stock apearing is simple to tech, plugging turbos sucks, esp in the stock locations on a work stock truck, run what you brung and hope its good enough, there are plenty of hot duramax and dodge trucks as well.

Latest posts

Members online