Truck toppers

chromehound

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of putting one on my truck. Normally I take them off but the idea of just tossing stuff in the back and not needing to tie it down is sounding better and better. I don't have a gooseneck or 5th wheel.

Let's see what you got, things you like/wish were different, mods you've done to it and anything extra you did to help seal out the elements (mine ALWAYS leak water)

My rig (toolbox is gone):

IMG_20130923_152401_470_zpsedfcc0ae.jpg

Jason

Reaction score
Is that a gasser? Just curious.

As for toppers..my buddy has a '03 ccsb fx4 7.3 truck, gray over black, and it came with a color matched topper. If he had aftermarket wheels on it, it'd look great. His windows are 5% all the way around, and his windows on the shell are dark. As it sits on stock wheels and stock height, it looks a little old man ish. I tried to talk him into selling it, and buying a soft rollup cover for it, but he's insistent on looking like Grandpa Bob.

JMart

Reaction score
I have never had one but wanted to put one on 3 of my last 4 trucks. I might actually get around to it on this one.

chromehound

Reaction score
No it's a 6.0 I just de-badged it

Mine will be getting black wheels, 08+ mirrors, black grill, Harley headlights, black front/rear bumper, grill guard, tint, window louvers, black nerfs, tinted tails, tinted cab markers/mirror lens and will be losing the F350 badges as soon as I find someone who can fill the holes and repaint.

The topper would be color matched to the charcoal grey of the truck with dark tinted windows and maybe a rack on top. I'm thinking kinda like what Tank runs but not as heavy.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I'd have to get some pics of mine. The only drawback I have with the topper is visibility. I think it looks great on a long bed. Seems to have made the truck MUCH bigger/taller. LOL

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
They look very old man-ish to me. I've never seen a truck that didn't look better with the topper taken off. But, if you want it for practicality then I guess that's understandable.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I loveeeee my cap. Best 300 bucks I ever spent. 10 min on, 10 min off. I toss it on there when I need it and other than that it stays off the truck. With the mods you're talking about doing I think it will look awesome. Just looks like a pappy truck on stock wheels with a cap. I might get mine painted and run it full time with a bed rug in there...

photo_zpsb8fb0caa.jpg

20130630-IMG_9707_zps44cb0546.jpg

RedRice589

Reaction score
I had a silver one on my old 250 and wished I could use it more..... I pull too much. If I just drove my truck I'd have a PTM topper on it always. So much easier also doesn't let some crappy smelling stuff get in your inside like an excursion.

Twan

Reaction score
image.jpg

Only thing I wish I would have added was the side windows to open vs slid. I have a fuel tank in the bed to fill my tractors. I also got the top carpet, looks cleaner, not dirty white. On, and my front window is a slider and will fold down to clean the glass, cab and topper.

chromehound

Reaction score
I agree they look old man-ish at times and visability can be an issue plus every time I need something it's found its way to the front so I have to crawl in after it but I'm really feeling the pros outway the cons at this point in my life.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I picked up mine for cheap $300, loaded the truck out for a move due to new job. I loaded WAY more than I expected and was very happy to buy a cap. I just need to devise a method/device that helps with getting it on and off. I'm keeping this thing for a long time.

dsberman94

Reaction score
There's been times I wish I had a place to store one. Just want it for the winter really. And camping. Easy to sleep back there at field parties and what not. Or put the dog back there so the hair stays contained. Lots of pros. Only con I can think of is it makes it look goofy and harder to see.

01PSD

Reaction score
I kinda wish the guy had left the shell on when I got mine :( would be nice to store stuff and not worry about it getting wet LOL

Latest posts

Members online