Trying to beat the GVWR

jngreen

Reaction score
Not according to the fmcsa website

Sorry, but I call BS. Show me where it says that having a CDL cuts your BAC in half while not operating a commercial motor vehicle. I can't find anywhere that shows that a CDL causes you to get more points for traffic offenses either.

I don't drive for a living, but I hold a class A CDL. It doesn't affect my life or driving habits any, except that I get a physical for free every other year, and I am subject to random drug tests through work. I dont have to worry when I'm pulling a gooseneck trailer behind my truck about getting a fine either. I have heard the same excuses from others about why they won't get their license, and instead, choose to drive illegally. I think that's pretty dumb.

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry, but I call BS. Show me where it says that having a CDL cuts your BAC in half while not operating a commercial motor vehicle. I can't find anywhere that shows that a CDL causes you to get more points for traffic offenses either.

I don't drive for a living, but I hold a class A CDL. It doesn't affect my life or driving habits any, except that I get a physical for free every other year, and I am subject to random drug tests through work. I dont have to worry when I'm pulling a gooseneck trailer behind my truck about getting a fine either. I have heard the same excuses from others about why they won't get their license, and instead, choose to drive illegally. I think that's pretty dumb.

I know of one friend that no longer has a CDl because he blew .05 I'm his personal vehicle. Do you ever look up rules or regs? Mo, kn TN, ga are state off top my head that cuts it in half for having a CDl. Mo says it in the CDl test Manual

PDT1081

Reaction score

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Again with how easy it is to get a cdl.....

Its not as hard as some people think, and if youre going to be drinking then dont be a dumbass, be smart and get a damn DD, take a cab or call a friend to pick ya up.

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
Ah yes, the old .04/.08 debate! Don't drink and drive, and it doesn't matter... My license is my paycheck, so not worth the risk to me... To the OP, get your class A, and quit trying to cheat the system... You will get caught, and better hope the truck is never involved in an accident... If your boss thinks it's expensive/challenging now, it will only get worse... It costs money to operate commercial vehicles and employees. If he isn't willing to pay, he needs to open a flower boutique instead.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Ah yes, the old .04/.08 debate! Don't drink and drive, and it doesn't matter... My license is my paycheck, so not worth the risk to me... To the OP, get your class A, and quit trying to cheat the system... You will get caught, and better hope the truck is never involved in an accident... If your boss thinks it's expensive/challenging now, it will only get worse... It costs money to operate commercial vehicles and employees. If he isn't willing to pay, he needs to open a flower boutique instead.

I really cant agree more with what is said here.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Guys around here are always trying to cheat the system on commercial vehicle stuff. All my stuff is 100% legit.

A lot of those guys are not around anymore... I'm still here. If you can't afford to do it right, then you can't afford to do it.

Latest posts

Members online