Tune question

dbunyip

Reaction score
So that could be it. It runs fine a little over 1500 rpm other than smokes a bunch. The idle is horrible right now

under pressure

Reaction score
So that could be it. It runs fine a little over 1500 rpm other than smokes a bunch. The idle is horrible right now

hell, in that case pull the chip and see if theres a diff. if the comments on split tuning is accurate, you should have your answer....

dbunyip

Reaction score
Truck is at 4 wheel parts truckfest right now, ill let you know tomorrow when I pick it up what I find. Might also explain why there doesn't seem to be much difference in any of the tunes

under pressure

Reaction score
My connectivity problems lead to a fried J3 port.
Prior too was hard start, radical shifting. A week later, no start.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So the more I mess with it the weirder things get. I unplug ipc and idle stays the same. Didnt scan it at that time to see what the computer said. But its also had random other electrical codes. Where are all the grounds on the engine? Im always getting a p0238 whenever I go over 14psi. But ive also had the low pressure code as well 0237 I think it is. I had one for throttle position this morning.

does that post say that you unplugged the ICP sensor and idle stayed the same???

live life full throttle

Arisley

Reaction score
Wrong. No issues other than idle. After about 1700-1900 rpm there isn't a split shot commanded

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Where is the big giat Bull Sheet flag.
If you have split shot injectors, you have split shot injectors. The IDM nor the PCM give a crap which one you have. Single shot injectors will run fine on stock tuning, they will idle like crap, but they will run fine.

Sorry for the derail, just gotta stop bad info. People might believe it.

dbunyip

Reaction score
Got the truck back. I pulled the chip and cleaned the terminals on the computer again. Gambled that was my problem I put it all back together and runs the same. If I unplug the icp the idle does not change, but if I rev it up it will not come back to an idle untill I plug it back in. I am putting the ts chip back in right now to see what it does as it would idle fine last time I tried it and see what the icp does unplugged

dbunyip

Reaction score
Im open to any more ideas but I dont really want to keep throwing money at stuff that isn't broken. I have already put a new MAP and got a exhaust back pressure sensor and my truck doesnt even have one to replace.

So I pulled the dp chip and started it, truck idles the same as it does with the chip but if I pull the ICP the idle gets worse and it set a MIL which it didnt do with the dp chip in. Put the TS chip I have from ATS in and it idles pretty nice. Pull the ICP and it goes to crap just like the dp and no chip does and it sets a MIL.

I am going to data log the TS one and see if my boost problem goes away but I'm starting to think I have a defective dp chip.

DocBar

Reaction score
Im open to any more ideas but I dont really want to keep throwing money at stuff that isn't broken. I have already put a new MAP and got a exhaust back pressure sensor and my truck doesnt even have one to replace.

So I pulled the dp chip and started it, truck idles the same as it does with the chip but if I pull the ICP the idle gets worse and it set a MIL which it didnt do with the dp chip in. Put the TS chip I have from ATS in and it idles pretty nice. Pull the ICP and it goes to crap just like the dp and no chip does and it sets a MIL.

I am going to data log the TS one and see if my boost problem goes away but I'm starting to think I have a defective dp chip.
As others have posted, if you pull the ICP plug and idle doesn't change, you have a bad ICP. As for tuning, you might want to look at another one if you have a spare TS. I would recommend Gearhead. Matt makes 7.3's run good.

dbunyip

Reaction score
Pulling the icp only has no effect with the dp chip. It does with the ts and with no chip

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
with the icp sensor plugged in wiggle the plug around a bit... in one post you said the icp unplugged the idle stays the same, and now your saying unplugged it changes? you might have a bad connection... just might be coincidence while swapping chips in and out..

Last edited:

dbunyip

Reaction score
With dp chip if I just unplug it nothing happens but if I raise the rpms with it unpluged it will not come back to an idle. Mind you this whole time it starts with an idle the same as my stock truck will do if I unplug the ipc on it and it doesnt set a mil

With no chip it idles the same as the dp chip and if I unplug thr icp the idle gets real bad and does set a mil

With ts chip the idle is acceptable and if the icp is unplugged the idle gets horrible

under pressure

Reaction score
sounding like DP connection/chip issue, run the TS, call Jodie and tell him. Send his chip back to be checked out for starters.
If the truck ran fine before the injector swap, and chip, id be sure the new chip and tuning is addressed.

Datalog both chips on idle and send them to Jodie if you want to run there tunes.

DP tunes will not set certain codes IIRC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online