tune s366 stock injectors

woods

Reaction score
and also be ready for a trans cause my starting going out with just s366 and stock sticks but i also drove like a asshole.

woods

Reaction score
i went with twisted they are very well priced and are a great company to deal with just my opinion. i will say the only reason my trans went out was bad tuning and my bad driving with inovtive and conservative driving you will be fine. conservative means if your not going 25mph+ dont put the pedal to the floor again a opinion no a fact lol.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You guys slapping these turbos on should really be doing injectors first, since the fuel can be dialed back to work with whatever turbo you have, but the other way around is more difficult to do. Can only tune so much to make up for an oversized fixed geometry turbo. With that said I suppose if you got a good deal on it or something and couldn't pass it up, I'd probably do the same.

A s362 is the best for stock fuel but laggy can be fun i never towed more then 7500 with a s366 on stock sticks and would not recommend it. Also a s366 and stock sticks will out perform a s362 but not by very much. i think a s364.5 with stock sticks would be a great middle ground.

I fail to see how. Stock injectors are cleaned up with a 362... there is no more fuel left, so I don't see how more air is going to magically make more power. The 366 will be laggier, and likely not running in the proper efficiency range as often as it should. I'd love to see some dyno runs with this setup. It would be interesting to lay the graphs over each other of a 362 to the 366.

anyone know what injectors I should go with that would work well with my s366?

205's. Most of the guys I know that had 366's with big injectors basically gave up on towing though. Going to want to think about high pressure oil delivery and fuel system too. Do you have any of that yet? Trans is going to be a must.

crash86

Reaction score
Just a quick update on my truck. I got the Extreme X tune from ********** tuned for my 66 with stock sticks and spooled a lot better than the vgt tune. Haven't gotten it on a dyno yet, but I did walk a ******d '14 6.7 pstroke with a 100hp tune on it. :rockon:

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
You guys slapping these turbos on should really be doing injectors first, since the fuel can be dialed back to work with whatever turbo you have, but the other way around is more difficult to do. Can only tune so much to make up for an oversized fixed geometry turbo. With that said I suppose if you got a good deal on it or something and couldn't pass it up, I'd probably do the same.

I fail to see how. Stock injectors are cleaned up with a 362... there is no more fuel left, so I don't see how more air is going to magically make more power. The 366 will be laggier, and likely not running in the proper efficiency range as often as it should. I'd love to see some dyno runs with this setup. It would be interesting to lay the graphs over each other of a 362 to the 366.

205's. Most of the guys I know that had 366's with big injectors basically gave up on towing though. Going to want to think about high pressure oil delivery and fuel system too. Do you have any of that yet? Trans is going to be a must.

Because diesels can run safely (cooler egt & more power) extremely lean, they make their best power at 22:1 A/F. When my truck had an intake exhaust and tune it ran 13.95 @ 95 with an .093 jet it went 12.68 @ 106. There's a lot of left over fuel with a stock or even a powermax turbo.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Because diesels can run safely (cooler egt & more power) extremely lean, they make their best power at 22:1 A/F. When my truck had an intake exhaust and tune it ran 13.95 @ 95 with an .093 jet it went 12.68 @ 106. There's a lot of left over fuel with a stock or even a powermax turbo.

This is a really old thread now, but still a good discussion I suppose.

What does a diesel running lean have to do with anything? I wasn't saying there was anything being damaged, I just don't see any advantage of using a 366 over a smaller turbo on stock fuel. Once you hit the point of cleaning all of the fuel available, going larger shouldn't net any more power (no more fuel to burn) but will create more lag. There should be an ideal size that is just big enough to clean up all fuel, and then you just get into diminishing returns.

A stock turbo or a powermax are not capable of cleaning up all the fuel from stock injectors in my experience.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Nitrous can work magic and is not the same thing as just running a larger turbo.

I think the point mdub is trying to make is that on fuel only you can only make so much power on stock injectors. To date, I don't think anyone has actually laid down any 500hp fuel only track number on stock injectors with ANY turbo. There have been a few dyno numbers that were never backed up, even a few CRAZY 600hp dyno numbers. But whenever someone takes it to the track they end up in the 450-480hp range. Not that 20hp is a really big deal... but what I am saying is if guys are making 450-500hp on a stage 2 64vgt and s362 non vgt. And NO ONE has ever made more than 500hp on stock injectors. Then if you go with a 366 on stock injectors then you will simply gain lag without any HP.

Now if you plan to go bigger then go with whatever you want. But if you plan to stick with stock injectors then I would not go bigger than a stage 2 64vgt or s362non-vgt

crash86

Reaction score
I didn't put this turbo on expecting to see 500 hp. I was itching for a non vgt setup with up pipes, pedestal etc., found it dirt cheap, threw it on and sent it. Lol like I said before I don't even have studs yet. I'm basically just waiting patiently for my head gaskets to blow then the engines coming out and I'm doing all the necessary upgrades. It is a laggy, yes, but not to the point of not being able to dd it. Not trying to prove y'all wrong or anything of that matter. Just wanted to share my experience with a 66 on stock injectors. It's held up now for almost 6 months and I've been beating the piss out of it (racing a 6.7pstroke) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I didn't put this turbo on expecting to see 500 hp. I was itching for a non vgt setup with up pipes, pedestal etc., found it dirt cheap, threw it on and sent it. Lol like I said before I don't even have studs yet. I'm basically just waiting patiently for my head gaskets to blow then the engines coming out and I'm doing all the necessary upgrades. It is a laggy, yes, but not to the point of not being able to dd it. Not trying to prove y'all wrong or anything of that matter. Just wanted to share my experience with a 66 on stock injectors. It's held up now for almost 6 months and I've been beating the piss out of it (racing a 6.7pstroke) lol

Sent it? wtf

I think what you are missing is there is more performance (power/drivability/economy/smoke control)to be had with a different turbo setup. Of course its going to hold up because you aren't making any power. I trust you dont cruise around oralling the cole...

Only pointing this up so others don't make decisions based off your input, i really could care less what set up you run.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Sent it? wtf

I think what you are missing is there is more performance (power/drivability/economy/smoke control)to be had with a different turbo setup. Of course its going to hold up because you aren't making any power. I trust you dont cruise around oralling the cole...

Only pointing this up so others don't make decisions based off your input, i really could care less what set up you run.

Just gonna send it!!
Get on Facebook or YouTube and search up Larry Enticer. It'll all make sense

crash86

Reaction score
Sent it? wtf

I think you're missing the point I'm making here. I didn't put this turbo on thinking I would get optimal performance. I put it on because I'm getting bigger injectors and necessary upgrades in the near future. All I'm simply saying is that it is a driveable set up until funds allow and I can perform the rest of the obviously necessary upgrades.

Reaction score
so what you're saying is......

S476 or go home???

But seriously, if you want to DD a big fix vane turbo, s300, s400, whatever, get a tune that doesn't lock the converter as soon as it hits 5th gear. Let the stall of the converter get some RPMs out of the engine and it all works better. Now if it's a smokey pig in 1st - 3rd, get a tune from PHP that actually has a metered fuel curve.

The VGT chargers build 7-10 psi almost instantly, this allows much more liberal fueling off of boost (aka GH tunes). With a non vgt you need a very controlled fuel map at lower boost.

thewrubelator

Reaction score
S476 or go home???

But seriously, if you want to DD a big fix vane turbo, s300, s400, whatever, get a tune that doesn't lock the converter as soon as it hits 5th gear. Let the stall of the converter get some RPMs out of the engine and it all works better. Now if it's a smokey pig in 1st - 3rd, get a tune from PHP that actually has a metered fuel curve.

The VGT chargers build 7-10 psi almost instantly, this allows much more liberal fueling off of boost (aka GH tunes). With a non vgt you need a very controlled fuel map at lower boost.

Yes....476 or gtfo

Mdub707

Reaction score
FICM tuning makes a huge difference on spooling non VGT's as well, in my limited experience.