Tuned 2015s

oxcobra

Reaction score
Mike hands down at no limit. He gained me as a lifetime customer. I've been in the diesel game for close to 10 years and never had a company with the customer service mike has to offer.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike hands down at no limit. He gained me as a lifetime customer. I've been in the diesel game for close to 10 years and never had a company with the customer service mike has to offer.

ahh shucks . glad you're happy, that's the name of the game.

oxcobra

Reaction score
Got my no limit intake in today, about to put it on and head out on a road trip. Get a better test on the idp tunes too.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
I'm running pip v7 tunes, deleted at 2200 miles back in December with everything from No Limit. At 10k now. Truck stays on the big tune. Truck runs great, took it to my cabin (2500 miles round trip) a few weeks ago and averaged 19.2 hand calculated going 80. Honestly my biggest complaint is that these trucks like to be in a lower gear and higher rpm. But that's just how these trannys like to run. Other than that I love it.

USMC0326

Reaction score
I'm runnin the pip tunes I have only ran the tow tune cause I tow quite a bit and I figured 40 extra hp wasn't enough to hurt the truck. I'm on vacation with the family in the Rockies right now and she pulled out little travel trailer with ease the oil temp got warm 235 was the highest I saw today on a long steep grade. I want to get the edge insight so I can watch the other parameters. Overall I'm VERY pleased with the pip tunes. I am goin to try the street tune when we get home cause my only complaint with the tow tune is the mpg's aren't very good. 17-18 unloaded 9-10.5 loaded @ 75 mph.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm runnin the pip tunes I have only ran the tow tune cause I tow quite a bit and I figured 40 extra hp wasn't enough to hurt the truck. I'm on vacation with the family in the Rockies right now and she pulled out little travel trailer with ease the oil temp got warm 235 was the highest I saw today on a long steep grade. I want to get the edge insight so I can watch the other parameters. Overall I'm VERY pleased with the pip tunes. I am goin to try the street tune when we get home cause my only complaint with the tow tune is the mpg's aren't very good. 17-18 unloaded 9-10.5 loaded @ 75 mph.

hit me up edge CTS and CTS2 on sale now.

thor943

Reaction score
I am currently running the V7 PIP tunes and love them I have the no limit stage 2 intake and DPF delete pipe. Still have EGR but it is unplugged.

I can get 19 to 20 at 75mph. The only complaint I have is the turbo lag in the beginning. I don't drive my truck that often but when I do I like to play. I don't want to lose the good MPG but I am almost convinced to go IDP. Can anyone tell me if I will keep the same good MPG with IDP? Basically I am wanting to have my cake and eat it too. I want good MPG but I also want the ability to get it sideways from a dead stop without having to stage it and get the RPMs up to 1700. I know I will always have some turbo lag but I don't see much improvement from PIP to stock if you do a dead stop to WOT.

mtwashingtonhunter

Reaction score
IDP, not deleted, run extreme street daily, shifts better than the tow or street tunes IMO. Tow tune shifts the worst for daily driving, no issues with extreme street, very happy.

SoGrand

Reaction score
I drained my tank but only had about 3/4 of a gallon when I deleted mine. I am running KEM's tune for the last 31,360 miles and cant be happier with the power my mileage and the way it shifts. I have not done a single update to my tuner cause driving 75-80 on a trip i get 21-22 hand calculated miles per gallon.

Reaction score
I drained my tank but only had about 3/4 of a gallon when I deleted mine. I am running KEM's tune for the last 31,360 miles and cant be happier with the power my mileage and the way it shifts. I have not done a single update to my tuner cause driving 75-80 on a trip i get 21-22 hand calculated miles per gallon.

How did you go about draining your tank? Once it was drained did you just mount it back up?

SoGrand

Reaction score
I just dropped the tank and poured it out thru the fill spout and rinsed it with water and dumped that out also and reinstalled the tank.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I just dropped the tank and poured it out thru the fill spout and rinsed it with water and dumped that out also and reinstalled the tank.

i just dropped the tank. full from the factory.

jwanck11

Reaction score
I've run the IDP tunes now a couple of days. Other than a CEL that was fixed with an updated file, the "hot street" tune that I am running has significant upside and one issue.

Launch:
MUCH better tip in performance over PiP Performance v7. The lagginess is essentially gone. The initial response is still a bit soft and at times it's hit the pedal, wait a split second and then go! But, it is markedly better and more enjoyable.

Linear power:
Not a noticeable difference here between PiP an IDP as far as I can tell. A dyno might suggest a difference, but I don't feel one.

Shifting:
Far more refined than PiP except for a pesky flare from 5-6 at light to moderate pedal input. Otherwise, I think this is an excellent overall strategy.

MPG is down a bit after my first fill up, but that is in part because I am enjoying the peppier response from the line.

Overall I like PiP tunes however I am glad I made the switch to IDP.

I will be towing this weekend and look forward to seeing how the IDP tow tune performs.

05stroker15

Reaction score
I run PIP V7 tunes in my 15 and love them. I have 32k on the truck and have had the EGR and DEF delete since 2200 miles. I drive it on the street tune mostly but load the Extreme tune from time to time to play.

theplumber

Reaction score
I run the new street 8.02 on my 15 and it run very good. The shifting are perfect and no smoke at all .
I hope the level 3 and 4 will be release soon on 8.02 rev.

jwanck11

Reaction score
Yeah - I've requested that update, too.

I am running GH and really like the tunes - more powerful and shifting is better. There is a 5-6 flare on my truck - but that might just be my truck.

PIP had the only working EB of any of the tunes I've tried so hoping the 8.02 preserves that.

Latest posts

Members online