Turbo options for a T4 mount

DocBar

Reaction score
Having had a 38R for well over 50K miles, I'd go with a T4 anything. Maybe the WW2 has the magic touch, but I'm so over it, it isn't funny. Way too many options once you go to a T4 to even consider a 38R. I would also avoid a T4i, but I have no experience with that mount. You're just limiting your options.

Lang

Reaction score
Having had a 38R for well over 50K miles, I'd go with a T4 anything. Maybe the WW2 has the magic touch, but I'm so over it, it isn't funny. Way too many options once you go to a T4 to even consider a 38R. I would also avoid a T4i, but I have no experience with that mount. You're just limiting your options.

Thanks DocBar BUT I'm still looking what will work with MY current injectors. What T4 mount turbo will work with them?

DocBar

Reaction score
Thanks DocBar BUT I'm still looking what will work with MY current injectors. What T4 mount turbo will work with them?
I belive you have several votes for the S366. Great place to start and the performance will make the "HP bug" bit even harder. Once you're ready to upgrade, you'll already have the turbo mount in place to go to a FMW468. All you'll need is supporting mods and the turbo. Beat's what I have. I have a 38R, GQQSBw/T4i mount, injectors and waste gates. If I had a HP turbo in a T4 mount, I'd buy the FMW468 and be done with it for a few years. I could get mid-600RWHP and still get reliable towing and street performance. At least that's what I hear...

96F350KID

Reaction score
Lang, we have a customer with a stock E99 dually with a Irate kit and a S366 and lights just fine with NO tunes. You'll be pleased very much with a T4 S366, it lights perfect with 160s all the way to 238s. Granted a larger injector will spool a bit quicker, however look at the specs on a 38R and the S366 specs I posted. Same in and out smaller A/R and flows more air!

Lang

Reaction score
Cool guys thanks. Any of you know about that turbo I linked from Irrate on the first page?

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
ran the s366 from jake for over a year with just tunes and had no issues. it was my DD adn still pulled down almost 18 mpg. pulled alot of loads over 15K with it and had no issues. even hooked to a dozen or so sleds and was still pleased.

upgraded to a set of 160/100s last year and still have great success with the turbo. averages 17 mpg with Cales tunes and is alot of fun to drive.

getting ready to upgrade to a set of 238/200s as well on the s366. just adding a billet wheel and changing the housing

nasty6.6

Reaction score
I bought my truck with a 38r and that turbo is so dang noisy i will be upgrading as soon as possible if ww2 doesnt help with in cab noise.

under pressure

Reaction score
the S362 fmw, .91ar,,, flows about the same as a 38R, but as everyone has pointed out, S366 would get it done, and egts would be cooler vs. the S362 due to increased cfm.

Last edited:

cjfarm11

Reaction score
Im running the T-4i mount with a HFSB which is the newest version of the GQSSB from pius at bell turbo and i really like it. There is also a QSSB which is the same frame but with differnt wheels and housings. It would suit your needs as well. Great turbos in my opinion.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I have ran my 366 with stock sticks and it would still lite very well. Also, it keeps my egts in check for my daily driving with 250/100s. So as everyone said, I would just bite the bullet on the 366.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Like the rest said a S366 would work great! And like i pointed out before the S366 would work great. If you want one give me a shout, would be glad to set you up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.