Turbo Question for my build

bruce

Reaction score
You dont even know if you have pmr? Why are you orderin anything? You can't just slap a set of forged rods in there and call it good. If you have pmr just get a junkyard engine

dustinz85

Reaction score
You dont even know if you have pmr? Why are you orderin anything? You can't just slap a set of forged rods in there and call it good. If you have pmr just get a junkyard engine

Thats the plan if i do, ill need the stuff anyhow plus i got all of it new for a discount. So it sitting on my shelf til i need it isnt a big deal

under pressure

Reaction score
Hahah this is funny! Cause its true..... You'd think he is is a sales person working for dieselsite..... Just curious under pressure you seem to be pretty knowledgable about 7.3 trucks are you just. Very good reader and study the forums or have you been around the 7.3 and been there done that with all your injector recommendations and breaking point replies ?

Lol.... Another key board combatant.
Really....
No I don't work for DieselSite. I do Work on 7.3s from time to time for the past 10 years.
I do study everything 7.3 since my early retirement from the military.
...because I run, and follow the WW info, I am fairly knowledgeable to its facts.

Let me no if there's anything else I can help with.
over n out

Last edited:

cjfarm11

Reaction score
My vote on the turbo is for the HFSB(newer version of the GQSSB) with Carson Stuaffer T4i mount. I vote how my set-up tows and egts are low and it spools well. My be a bit more turbo then i need but it flat out works!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
not unless you want to pull the engine out or just take the hole front of your pickup apart..
A cam would be nice. If you go that far might as well get porting along with it..

But hey if you have the time and money. it would help a little!

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Stop wanting a cam just because I'm putting one in my truck. You don't always have to try to be like me LOL LOL

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
You bein the fan girl for the ww2 is gettin ***in annoyin

Have to agree with bruce on this one.

Lol.... Another key board combatant.
Really....
No I don't work for DieselSite. I do Work on 7.3s from time to time for the past 10 years.
I do study everything 7.3 since my early retirement from the military.
...because I run, and follow the WW info, I am fairly knowledgeable to its facts.

Let me no if there's anything else I can help with.
over n out

See what I did there??? changed the name to 85_305 and it looks legit....

When the orig WW came out did it make the stock turbo able to handle bigger injectors than it did before? Yes, it may help push a little extra power but imo a 38r is still being pushed with a set of 238s

Last edited:

2000wa250

Reaction score
Yes I agree with everyone...freaking flyboy.....and not just this site.

As for turbo, a gated 366 with the extended tip tech, and then run whatever injectors you want up to 250/200. Will you have the same top end as a 468? No. But it will be a god damn beast on the street and extremely fun to drive.

Check your pmrs before you do anything though. Also I would go with a black widow mount vs an irate one. Especially if you go with a 467. The bwd one angles the turbo a bit, which makes the downpipe fit better, the intake fit better, and generally allows you to have better fitment all around. It may be a bit more expensive but its well worth it. Wish I had gone with them instead of irate...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I wouldn't use BWD, that's one shop I would be afraid of sending money to and never getting anything in return. Have heard some rough stories about them.

And yes a 366 with be a good turbo from stock to 500-550 if gated when you start getting to higher hp levels.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Hmm...havent heard anything bad out of them in awhile...but if you want to go with a shop that doesn't warranty a turbo when it completely fails within a year with no drag runs towing and only seeing 40psi 5-6 times in that year...well go awhead.

Personally everyone I know that has dealt with bwd has been happy, not to mention they don't require you to swap the valve covers to put a half assed intake on a turbo that is supposed to be a "full" kit.

Anyways, my vote, after running a 468 for a year, is to go with a gated 366 if its going to be a daily driver. The 468 has some lag issues, especially with a manual tranny.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Haha no disrespect to you ken...actually I think that was an auto correct of beer victim...pretty sure I meant fanboy.....

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Haha no disrespect to you ken...actually I think that was an auto correct of beer victim...pretty sure I meant fanboy.....

LOL no harm buddy, had to give ya a hard time

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

under pressure

Reaction score
keep swingin on each others sacks......... or show this guy some options to look at !

imo, no platform stated can out spool the 38R down low, yet flows enough cfm for 500+ on the top end..... DustinZ how much power do you plan on playing with.... solid options based on your budget, given the fact you more than likely need to buy/build a forged rod motor...
38R
S366 with a gate
S468 w/ 1.0

Swamps hybrid 200/200 is a viable option ?
Swamps hot street package, or a veriation there of is worth looking at as well.
http://swampsdiesel.com/prestashop/en/1999-2003-73l/1084-hot-street-towing-package.html

that will be all

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Tufrogy on here has a nice h2e setup for sale for a good price and i can vouch for him even though he has a low post count.

Latest posts

Members online