Turbo Question for my build

dustinz85

Reaction score
keep swingin on each others sacks......... or show this guy some options to look at !

imo, no platform stated can out spool the 38R down low, yet flows enough cfm for 500+ on the top end..... DustinZ how much power do you plan on playing with.... solid options based on your budget, given the fact you more than likely need to buy/build a forged rod motor...
38R
S366 with a gate
S468 w/ 1.0

Swamps hybrid 200/200 is a viable option ?
Swamps hot street package, or a veriation there of is worth looking at as well.
http://swampsdiesel.com/prestashop/en/1999-2003-73l/1084-hot-street-towing-package.html

that will be all

I'm thinking about staying in the 450 range, I pull our skid steer with my truck and its mostly a dd, I don't want anything ridiculous just enough to have some fun with.

Sent from my DROID X2

dustinz85

Reaction score
Stop wanting a cam just because I'm putting one in my truck. You don't always have to try to be like me LOL LOL

Well not really lol... I like making power on a platform that requires more than a big c in the window and stacked chips LOL :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID X2

2000wa250

Reaction score
I'm thinking about staying in the 450 range, I pull our skid steer with my truck and its mostly a dd, I don't want anything ridiculous just enough to have some fun with.

Sent from my DROID X2

Then go with a gated 366....it'll spool great, and you can have your tuner put you in the 450-500 range. That'll be a good running set up.

Btw... under pressure stop throwing numbers out there. The 468 doesn't come with a 1.0 exhaust housing. Its a .91, or a 1.10 ....I know there was internet rumor about potentially a 1.01 but as far as I know no one is running one of those, and it hasn't been confirmed to fit yet. Please do some research before you lead people astray..... crtl+c and crtl+v do not actually give good advice or help people, contrary to popular belief.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

under pressure

Reaction score
Then go with a gated 366....it'll spool great, and you can have your tuner put you in the 450-500 range. That'll be a good running set up.

Btw... under pressure stop throwing numbers out there. The 468 doesn't come with a 1.0 exhaust housing. Its a .91, or a 1.10 ....I know there was internet rumor about potentially a 1.01 but as far as I know no one is running one of those, and it hasn't been confirmed to fit yet. Please do some research before you lead people astray..... crtl+c and crtl+v do not actually give good advice or help people, contrary to popular belief.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

these are all opinions on specific parts, there is no one person that has ran every item in all conditions..... thats why we discuss this with others, i pulled this from a pm while doing my own research for my other motor.

there looks to be a 1.01 running around, that fella has ran all three housings and was kind enough to share his thoughts on them..... that said the middle housing 1.1 was the best of both worlds from spool too the top end.. .91 spooled great but fell short climbing into the top end with a 1600* spike, 1.15 was a little laggy but the top end hit wicked hard at 1400*........though they did well on egts low to mid range even towing with egts still under 1000*

for the money, and what he wishes to do, imo..... 38R is a solid charger. hell, even on the PHP testing, lowdown was 550ish hp at 1400*

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Even though i probably wouldnt do it again (if i were, and only because i've already did it once- i'd change it up) the s366 with external wastegate was a very nice running setup. with 250/80's and arguably every supporting mod i was over 550hp damn close to 600 by the track times. I towed with it, upwards of 20k pounds too- i'd recommend water injection though.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
for the money, and what he wishes to do, imo..... 38R is a solid charger. hell, even on the PHP testing, lowdown was 550ish hp at 1400*
do you realize how many hours of living tuning he has. Plus if the 38r was so great wouldnt he be in the 600 range like a lot of other guys that run a 250/200. He even says all the time he wished he had gone t4 because the 38r is to small.

DocBar

Reaction score
do you realize how many hours of living tuning he has. Plus if the 38r was so great wouldnt he be in the 600 range like a lot of other guys that run a 250/200. He even says all the time he wished he had gone t4 because the 38r is to small.
Add me to the list that wishes that I'd gone T4 instead of 38R.

Latest posts

Members online