Twisted stage 2 trans

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Someone is going to have to call and get some info. We'll have to make a list of questions, and some lucky guy gets to call and post up what they find out.
I've never heard of anything bad about Twisted, so they must know what they are doing.
When I called them I told them I was making 575hp, they told me the stage 2 would be fine for that. I'm still having a hard time believing that though. I'm thinking I'd need the stage 3

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
If the stage 2 is fine for 575 HP, I think we know a good option compqred to a jw, bts, or atf.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
If the stage 2 is fine for 575 HP, I think we know a good option compqred to a jw, bts, or atf.

I asked him twice, because I though I heard him wrong.
My only worry is their tq converter, at $650 how good is it?
I'm thinking their tranny, with a precision tq would be the way I'd go.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If Rave told you his $650 tq conv is sufficient then Id take his advice. You cant change parts that you see fit as better or you'd be building transmissions yourself. Powersmoker is making close to 1100hp and he personally told me that this is year number two for Raves tranny to be in his truck w/o missing a beat. He said its been up and down the drag strip and hooked to the sled and driven on the street as well. Now that trucks running a huge set of compounds. Id say Rave knows what he's doing.

You may void the warranty by putting a PI conv in his trans. THe trans is a system that is the sum of its parts. Maybe he doesnt like the stallion convertor?

Id buy one of his units, no questions!!

JaneSays

Reaction score
twisted diesel stage 2 trans

Buddy told me that my stage 2 w/ billit shafts would support 600 hp...

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
You have not a worry with that torque converter. I have had the same one for 2 years. He wouldn't use it if it were not a good product. Just because you haven't heard of something or because its not overpriced doesn't mean it isn't good.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Anyone know if its a triple disk?
I'm thinking billet input, and cryo intermediate and output shaft,along with forward drum and a few other things

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry about the delayed response. I have talked to Rave and told hime aboutthis thread. He will be coming on here to give you guys some more info on our Transmissions.

Thanks

Buddy " Twisted Diesel"

JD3020

Reaction score
I'm interested in this also. I need a tranny bad, but want to stay around $3K. I was gonna call em today but haven't gotten around to it yet. Sounds like its pretty much what i need.

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
Hey do you guys think this will be a problem discussing our Transmission on here because we aren't a sponsor. We are in the process of changing the way we rate our Transmission, like instead of stages or levels we would just have a Performance Series and a Comp Series. With a list of options and parts to accommadate the need or want of the customer. The list of parts will include info as to what the part is why you may or may not need it and at what power level or abuse inflicked the parts or mods would be needed. I want the customer to see this info and have an understanding as to what he or she is geting and paying for, I feel this will save alot of people money (by not buying something you dont need) or you may need more than you're aware of and at least you will know where the moneys being spent and why.there will also be info on torque converter options and brands we do use (PI) if its preferred or necessary for power being made.Thats just alittle of where we're headed,and im asking for feed back on what you guys think if you dont like the plan let me know. Thanks for the interest in our Transmissions

Thanks

Buddy & Rave "Twisted Diesel"

Last edited:

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Hey do you guys think this will be a problem discussing our Transmission on here because we aren't a sponsor. We are in the process of changing the way we rate our Transmission, like instead of stages or levels we would just have a Performance Series and a Comp Series. With a list of options and parts to accommadate the need or want of the customer. The list of parts will include info as to what the part is why you may or may not need it and at what power level or abuse inflicked the parts or mods would be needed. I want the customer to see this info and have an understanding as to what he or she is geting and paying for, I feel this will save alot of people money (by not buying something you dont need) or you may need more than you're aware of and at least you will know where the moneys being spent and why.there will also be info on torque converter options and brands we do use (PI) if its preferred or necessary for power being made.Thats just alittle of where we're headed,and im asking for feed back on what you guys think if you dont like the plan let me know. Thanks for the interest in our Transmissions

Thanks

Buddy & Rave "Twisted Diesel"

Thats the best idea I've heard in a long time. I can't wait for all the info!:popcorn:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.