Twisted stage 2 trans

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hey do you guys think this will be a problem discussing our Transmission on here because we aren't a sponsor. We are in the process of changing the way we rate our Transmission, like instead of stages or levels we would just have a Performance Series and a Comp Series. With a list of options and parts to accommadate the need or want of the customer. The list of parts will include info as to what the part is why you may or may not need it and at what power level or abuse inflicked the parts or mods would be needed. I want the customer to see this info and have an understanding as to what he or she is geting and paying for, I feel this will save alot of people money (by not buying something you dont need) or you may need more than you're aware of and at least you will know where the moneys being spent and why.there will also be info on torque converter options and brands we do use (PI) if its preferred or necessary for power being made.Thats just alittle of where we're headed,and im asking for feed back on what you guys think if you dont like the plan let me know. Thanks for the interest in our Transmissions

Thanks

Buddy & Rave "Twisted Diesel"

This shouldnt be an issue Buddy! The op is just asking for information so that part is ok. Secondly, bts is the biggest transmission topic on any psd site and he's not a sponsor. JW? He might be for all I know.

My question is, if you've already got a solid setup why change it. I mean a stgII and then a race version would be sufficient. You could still offer stock-ish rebuilds and everything else up to a stgII, just dont advertise! Id imagine the stgII, good for up to 600hp is going to be your biggest seller anyway as most people are looking to 238,250, and 300cc inj's now. Then for those wanting huge inj's with 300 over nozzles, or planning to race/sledpull you'll want fully billet guts and the whole shebang.

Everybody that is running one of your trans is usually willing to speak up. I had a couple people praise them in a transmission thread I started a while back. Id say make your presence a little more known and then change your marketing if you even need to. When one product line goes away and all new ones show up people get nervous and others naysay. Changes should take place behind closed doors and remain secret to anybody who doesnt have your product. Nobody else lets anything proprietary out!!

TARM

Reaction score
Buddy,

I think that is a great idea. IMO much like we do here a informed owner or buyer is always a better thing. The more they understand the less misunderstandings there are. IT is ALWAYS good to know where the money is going. I would rather get to much info (for me not possible) then not enough.

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
Hey guys its Rave. Im just using Buddy's sig for time sake because i dont have one on here. To answer a few questions, our specialty as far as slush boxes include the e40d, 4r100, 5r110 and the Allison 1000. We of course build mild to wild Transmissions no matter what the application, power level or intended use. I've personally spent countless hours figuring out what works and what doesn't with these units. I've seen just about every part in these units fail at some point. With every failure, we have come up with a fix to prevent similar problems like it. I spend as much time trying to improve on these units as I do building them. As far as the warranty on papper concerns, we offer a 2 year warranty, but ive never stopped at that if theres a problem after that time period im still here and willing to fix or repair or improve as needed. If your decent with me ill return the favor, if yall want more detail on that let me know. Our level two as it is right now is comparable to the most popular company now to date. When we said we were changing our rating on the trannys i meant what we call them thats all, like the level 2 now would then be the performance series, do away with level 3 you would just add a couple parts to the level 2, and level 4 would be the comp. Torque converters that we use PI, like was stated before whether it's preferred or needed, the other converters i use are great units that at the moment would rather not say for all public to see at this time but for most of us trust me its all you need they are also warrantied so no worries i hope. Our level 2 or performance series comes with that converter for the 3655.00 and with the PI its 4500.00. We also have no worries on tuning with the e4 or 4r so run what you want. our level 2 does have cryo work done. Well guys thats all for now got to get back to work. I'll get back soon let me know what yall think. I like all and any ideas.

Thanks,

Rave Brown "Twisted Diesel"

TyCorr

Reaction score
Are you including a cooler, 6L or the like as part of your tranny builds? I can see how its better to leave them out of your price but there are a few people out there who prefer one stop shopping. I prefer it that way but its not a deal breaker either.

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
a cooler is not included in the price I tried that for a while and alot of people didnt want it due to already haveing a larger one or just didnt want to spend the money so i would have to take it off the bill so i choose to not include it any more and if a customer wants or needs a better cooler we can add it to the bill.Now if yall think we should add it back give some input and it may happen.thanks for the input,i want to know what yall are wanting.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nah, Rave, leave it off if ya want. Thats how most people do it anyway. I just figured someone would ask anyway.

People are just wanting options. I believe that is what it all boils down too. Im interested in your stg II just because its a grand cheaper than most. If it works then who cares if it doesnt have this or that. Granted sometimes one part is just needed and does the job in a way no other can but surely that cant be the case here.

I think you're on the right track here.

Barnabas

Reaction score
Nah, Rave, leave it off if ya want. Thats how most people do it anyway. I just figured someone would ask anyway.

People are just wanting options. I believe that is what it all boils down too. Im interested in your stg II just because its a grand cheaper than most. If it works then who cares if it doesnt have this or that. Granted sometimes one part is just needed and does the job in a way no other can but surely that cant be the case here.

:whs:

or juat have two standard prices: 1 w/ trans cooler 1 w/o. Then its a quick and easy option for both sides of the fence. 2 already premade tickets and less hassle and time for you either way people want to go.

cj45lc

Reaction score

like you say Ty
I believe the more options the better
Thanks for the info Rave

TARM

Reaction score
Rave,

I think your plan is a good one. You offer a solid base build then allow options. Then offer a no holds bar everything including the kitchen sink is in there build. I also very much like the idea of two stages of converters.

Your warranty explanation sounds as clear as the other excellent trans choice out there.

I recommend becoming a sponsor on here as I think you are likely going to drive some good business from here if you do. Visibility on the net is EVERYTHING when it comes to building a rep and name when working into that stage of business growth. It will also free up completely open discussion.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
No one will be disappointed with their work or customer service. Great group of guys that do awesome work. I have had a few drive my truck that had the other popular transmission choice and they really loved the way my truck performed and shifted with the tranny from twisted. I have had mine for almost 4 years now.

TARM

Reaction score
$3000-$4000 for a solid trans you can count on. Anything less than a 6.0 cooler IMO is a bad choice and trying to pinch pennies ($100 maybe $200) in the wrong place.

TyCorr

Reaction score
No one will be disappointed with their work or customer service. Great group of guys that do awesome work. I have had a few drive my truck that had the other popular transmission choice and they really loved the way my truck performed and shifted with the tranny from twisted. I have had mine for almost 4 years now.

What do you have in terms of mods Daryl?

Latest posts

Members online