Two new HPFP and both leaking from front seal

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
And I still have 15 psi at the air dog and 10 at the return regulator.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Got a new pump. This time it's a Siemens OEM pump that was made in Germany. Not remand here in the US. Truck even idels differently with this pump. I have another good pump here that I just recently bought from one of my homies on here as well. Things are finally going the way it should.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well its nice that your truck is running right, but it sucks that you weren't able to get the "new" pump to stop leaking. Sounds like we need to get a better seal in them before there installed in our trucks. Which is complete horse sh!t to get a new pump and have to worry about it leaking.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Got a new pump. This time it's a Siemens OEM pump that was made in Germany. Not remand here in the US. Truck even idels differently with this pump. I have another good pump here that I just recently bought from one of my homies on here as well. Things are finally going the way it should.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Did you take a pic of the tag?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I got the pump from an independent guy. I am seeing if I can get more but it looks doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
And I also got a continental pump with the seal like the original pumps from a buddy.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

B585Ford

Reaction score
And I also got a continental pump with the seal like the original pumps from a buddy.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

I was told on another thread that Continental bought out Seimens so it makes sense to have the Continental seal. I have been trying to make sense of the numbers if you happen to have that.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I know this is bringing up an old thread, but I had a few questions....
If you disconnect the wiring off of a K16 does it go no fuel (unlike the CP3s which are full fuel if you disconnect the wiring)?
For those of you who run an unregulated return, have you ever checked to see how much return you are getting? If I am understanding how the K16 works in an unregulated return system, you would expect to get minimal return fuel because the VCV will keep a lot of fuel from ever entering into the pump, right?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
With out a regulated return you will blow the seal out of the front on the pump after a few miles the feed has to be regulated at some point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
With out a regulated return you will blow the seal out of the front on the pump after a few miles the feed has to be regulated at some point

I am running Marty's kit so input is regulated. Would that not be sufficient?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
just regulate the feed to 10psi and call it done. ive been running it this way for 35k and no issues, and unregulated return. the only thing I did different is I went way over kill with regulating and gauges to make sure I didn't over pressurize the pump. I set the fuelab to approx. 12psi, then it feed to a aeromotive regulator set to 10 psi with a gauge on it under the truck, then used the machined block out of elites fuel bowl delete kit on top of the engine and put a gauge there also to verify it was 10psi going into the pump. wanted to take a pressure reading as close as I could to the HPFP

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know this is bringing up an old thread, but I had a few questions....
If you disconnect the wiring off of a K16 does it go no fuel (unlike the CP3s which are full fuel if you disconnect the wiring)?
For those of you who run an unregulated return, have you ever checked to see how much return you are getting? If I am understanding how the K16 works in an unregulated return system, you would expect to get minimal return fuel because the VCV will keep a lot of fuel from ever entering into the pump, right?

If you unplug it it will not run.

The return does not have to be regulated. But yes the feed does.

Over 10 psi feed pressure, like Craig says will eventually start pushing fuel past the front seal.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
If you unplug it it will not run.

The return does not have to be regulated. But yes the feed does.

Over 10 psi feed pressure, like Craig says will eventually start pushing fuel past the front seal.

You're selling the fuel lab kits with the dodge pumps that are set at 18psi, wouldn't that be to much then? Just curious since over 10 will push fuel past the seal. I know you run unregulated returns so does that compensate for the 18lbs feed pressure.

Latest posts

Members online