Up Pipe options

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
I just varified my drivers side up pipe is leaking. What are my options here? I've searched and there are a lot of threads diagnosing but not much on what people did to fix or upgrade? So my question is what is my best option for repair? I plan to run a 72mm atmo in the future and that is about as far as I will go with mods.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Unlike most companies, we offer a heavier wall up pipe that wont blow out like the stock thickness. We have our up pipes in stock with or without the egr provision. Street Diesel Performance also has a really nice aftermarket option to them as well.

Whether you go with ours or Sean's, you wont be disappointed in quality.

Jared

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
6.0 manifolds and custom up pipes are a good upgrade.
e5u2uta6.jpg
asabytyq.jpg

3brorce

Reaction score
What are benefits? Better reliability but what else? Trying to decide to do this right away when the 73 goes on.

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
Cast elbow in the manifold doesn't blow out and flows better that a stock one. V bands on the manifold and elbow will work best to keep it as reliable as possible. That the plan for my truck this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3brorce

Reaction score
I thought I had ruled 6.0 mani's and up-pipes out but siking myself out now. Wonder what else. Have pushrods and springs going in. 73 atmo, studded, deleted. Not adding fuel at this time. Thought about ported intake mani. Sorry for rant OP haha. Decisions, decisions. Looks like I may be giving Josh a call tomorrow now lol.

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
I thought I had ruled 6.0 mani's and up-pipes out but siking myself out now. Wonder what else. Have pushrods and springs going in. 73 atmo, studded, deleted. Not adding fuel at this time. Thought about ported intake mani. Sorry for rant OP haha. Decisions, decisions. Looks like I may be giving Josh a call tomorrow now lol.

Who's Josh? Are the stock manifolds still as unreliable when heavy duty up pipes are used? Most manufacturers state in the description that the flexible bellow they use should eliminate any manifold issues? Is anyone using the rebuilt up pipes from Elite?

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
I'm Josh, I operate Darkhorse Diesel Performance. We fabricate custom up pipes for 6.0 manifolds as well as upgraded pipes for stock 6.4 manifolds.
uju6ehuj.jpg

madman1234509

Reaction score
Iwas going to say i could have sworn I saw someone selling rcd up pipes in the classifieds recently. Adveetise you want to buy 6.0 manis or look on ebay. I bought my manifolds of a member for 40 bucks and had them coated.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I wish I could convert over to 6.0 manifolds with some hd up pipes. damn emissions testing in MA makes me put my egr crap on every year so I need to keep the provision on the pass side up pipe in order to do so

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
I wish I could convert over to 6.0 manifolds with some hd up pipes. damn emissions testing in MA makes me put my egr crap on every year so I need to keep the provision on the pass side up pipe in order to do so

I'm in NH, you can use my address and register your rig up here! LOL

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I still have the provision on my up pipes for the egr coolers. You just wouldn't be able to bolt the lower cooler to the manifold. I could be wrong but I would think you could still bolt the coolers on for emission testing and take them off after if you wanted to.